Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 20, 12, 11:35 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere in Y class
Programs: OZ D+, Priority Club PlatE, SPG Gold
Posts: 579
Oz 743/744 icn-bkk-icn

I have this trip coming up in June. OZ shows the plane as A330 both ways. However, the seat layout is different for each flight somehow. OZ743 shows a 2-2-2 in F/C and a 2-4-2 in Y. Yet on the return flight OZ744 it shows 2-1-2 in F/C and 2-3-2 in Y. Not sure if this has a F class so that's why I listed it as F/C. Asiana's website lists the capacity of their A330-300 at 290 or 275. However on flight OZ744 the total capacity is at 250 seats.

Does anyone have any experience on these?
nme7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 12, 7:50 am   #2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ONT, LAX
Programs: UA1k MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Posts: 3,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by nme7 View Post
I have this trip coming up in June. OZ shows the plane as A330 both ways. However, the seat layout is different for each flight somehow. OZ743 shows a 2-2-2 in F/C and a 2-4-2 in Y. Yet on the return flight OZ744 it shows 2-1-2 in F/C and 2-3-2 in Y. Not sure if this has a F class so that's why I listed it as F/C. Asiana's website lists the capacity of their A330-300 at 290 or 275. However on flight OZ744 the total capacity is at 250 seats.

Does anyone have any experience on these?
The bold part sure looks like C/Y seating on OZ 767.
1kBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 12, 6:04 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere in Y class
Programs: OZ D+, Priority Club PlatE, SPG Gold
Posts: 579
Odd isn't it? I would assume that it would be the same aircraft as flt OZ743 that flies to BKK. Well, perhaps it is just an error on the webpage seat selection.
nme7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 12, 8:18 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ORD, HKG
Programs: UA PL*G (0.60 BIS MM), HHonors Gold
Posts: 8,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by nme7 View Post
OZ743 shows a 2-2-2 in F/C and a 2-4-2 in Y. Yet on the return flight OZ744 it shows 2-1-2 in F/C and 2-3-2 in Y. Not sure if this has a F class so that's why I listed it as F/C.
Does anyone have any experience on these?
F on OZ only exist on 777 and 747, and the seating is either 1-1 or 1-2-1, so F on your flights are out of the question.

Only 333 has 2-4-2 in Y, and only 767 has 2-3-2 in Y, so you already know your plane type.

777 on OZ is 3-3-3 in Y, and 747 on OZ is 3-4-3 in Y.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nme7 View Post
Odd isn't it? I would assume that it would be the same aircraft as flt OZ743 that flies to BKK. Well, perhaps it is just an error on the webpage seat selection.
No, it is not an error, and nothing odd about it, it is a matter of different days of the week use different type of planes.

OZ 744 BKK-ICN: Mon, Tue, Thurs are 333, Sat is 767

OZ 742 BKK-ICN: Mon, Wed-Sun are 333, Tue is 777.

Many airlines have the same practice for short-medium haul flights.
ORDnHKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 12, 6:24 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere in Y class
Programs: OZ D+, Priority Club PlatE, SPG Gold
Posts: 579
Thanks for the info but it was an error. Both flights were A330, yet the seat map for the return showed B767 type seating arrangement.
nme7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 12, 9:55 am   #6
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PIT
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by nme7 View Post
Thanks for the info but it was an error. Both flights were A330, yet the seat map for the return showed B767 type seating arrangement.
Was there any confusion at the airport? Perhaps not because 333 has more seats, but I'm curious because apparently I'm in a similar situation.
__________________
- MtRoot
MtRoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 12, 8:20 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere in Y class
Programs: OZ D+, Priority Club PlatE, SPG Gold
Posts: 579
For the most part, I don't think there was much confusion at the airport. During check-in, I asked what type of aircraft it was and they told me it was an A330. One thing you might check is if the flt OZ743 is an A330, then you will be on the same plane on the way from BKK-ICN. For example if you are booked on flight OZ744 for Sept 20 at 1:00am, then the aircraft used for flight OZ743 arriving to BKK around 11:45pm on Sept 19, that will be your aircraft.
nme7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 am.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.