Transfer between ICN and GMP

Subscribe
I have a possible itinerary for CDG to KX that involves a transfer between ICN and GMP. Does OZ transfer the baggage between the 2 airports, or would we to carry them ourselves on the train?

If we have to carry our own bags, maybe it would be better to wait another 90 minutes at ICN and take next plane out of there, but that means a 5 hour layover. Are there nice showers in the OZ business class lounge at ICN?
Quote: I have a possible itinerary for CDG to KX that involves a transfer between ICN and GMP. Does OZ transfer the baggage between the 2 airports, or would we to carry them ourselves on the train?

If we have to carry our own bags, maybe it would be better to wait another 90 minutes at ICN and take next plane out of there, but that means a 5 hour layover. Are there nice showers in the OZ business class lounge at ICN?
As with cities with 2 airports, eg LGA and JFK, CDG and ORY, LHR and LGW, do you think the airlines there will transfer the bags for you???

You have to carry them with you , of course !

Don't remember about the showers. I don't think so.
The showers were good enough that I don't remember them, although lines might be long. I would stay at ICN to avoid the hassle of transferring unless you need to arrive by a specific time. On the other hand, if you were contemplating staying 5 hrs in CDG . .
Quote: I have a possible itinerary for CDG to KX that involves a transfer between ICN and GMP. Does OZ transfer the baggage between the 2 airports, or would we to carry them ourselves on the train?

KX? where?

Bus from ICN to GMP is a limo bus where they load and unload your bags. About 30- 45 mins. Train works too but involves lugging bags.
In both cases you will need to immigrate into Korea, collect bags and emigrate again.
Transfer within ICN means you stay airside and don't go through immigration.

Showers at ICN in OZ lounge are fine and I've never had to wait.
Quote: KX? where?

Bus from ICN to GMP is a limo bus where they load and unload your bags. About 30- 45 mins. Train works too but involves lugging bags.
In both cases you will need to immigrate into Korea, collect bags and emigrate again.
Transfer within ICN means you stay airside and don't go through immigration.

Showers at ICN in OZ lounge are fine and I've never had to wait.
Sorry, "KIX".

Well, if is it a choice between the two, we will stay at ICN. I was just surprised to be offered the itinerary with a change between ICN and GMP.
Quote: Sorry, "KIX".

Well, if is it a choice between the two, we will stay at ICN. I was just surprised to be offered the itinerary with a change between ICN and GMP.
This has become standard practice for many locations as capacity is limited. Domestic and some close international flights is served at GMP with more regularity than at ICN.

Transfer ICN-GMP with luggage is not fun. Good choice on staying at ICN.
The lounge at GMP is very poor. Just some snacks, no real food, no showers, very basic. The ICN lounge is miles better. I would definitely stay at ICN unless you really wanted another country's stamp in your passport or something like that.
Aren't there free showers at ICN that one can use if there is you do not have lounge access?
Quote: Aren't there free showers at ICN that one can use if there is you do not have lounge access?
There are. But only the shower is free. You have to pay if you need a towel/amenity kit. I recall it being something like 9,000 KRW, but don't know if the price has changed recently or not.
Quote: Are there nice showers in the OZ business class lounge at ICN?
First post

the showers at OZ business lounge is quite good. and depending on the time of the day, they're not in high demand. last time i used it was on a SYD-ICN-LAX direct leg
Quote: First post

the showers at OZ business lounge is quite good. and depending on the time of the day, they're not in high demand. last time i used it was on a SYD-ICN-LAX direct leg
Still a novice myself, but allow me to be the first to welcome you to FT.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm nixing the ICN-GMP transfer, so if we stay 5 hours at ICN after the flight from CDG, a nice shower would be refreshing.
Quote: There are. But only the shower is free. You have to pay if you need a towel/amenity kit. I recall it being something like 9,000 KRW, but don't know if the price has changed recently or not.
I do think you have to bring your own towel nowadays...
Quote: The lounge at GMP is very poor. Just some snacks, no real food, no showers, very basic. The ICN lounge is miles better. I would definitely stay at ICN unless you really wanted another country's stamp in your passport or something like that.
I have flown Gimpo to Shanghai Hongqiao quite a lot. It's an ideal airport for short point-to-point hops to China and Japan and the international terminal is equipped for that purpose.

Tax free shops are very well stocked and the upstairs restaurant landside is one of the best at any airport, serving simple Korean and other Asian foods in a minimalist setting.
Quote: There are. But only the shower is free. You have to pay if you need a towel/amenity kit. I recall it being something like 9,000 KRW, but don't know if the price has changed recently or not.
Thanks so much! Can you tell me where they are located? I have tried emailing the airport and even asking Korean Tourism and they are no help. I found a great video on YouTube showing the shower facilities, but it does not say where they are located.
Make your way up to Level 4, nearby the Asiana Lounge. At the top of the escalator, make a U turn, and you'll pass by bridge to the OZ C lounge, then the bridge to the OZ F lounge. Continue and you will see the HUB lounge to your left. To the right is a massage place as well as the showers. I think you need to enquire at the massage place with regard to the showers, but not really sure. Either there or the HUB lounge though should know what exactly is the deal with the showers. I've never used them myself.

Now that's assuming you're flying OZ so are in that area. If you're flying KE so are on the other side of the terminal, I think they might have a similar shower setup there, but not really sure.

I've never seen any showers on the Concourse terminal, other than in the OZ and KE lounges, so not sure if there are any there or not. That would only be applicable if you're flying a foreign carrier and arrived on a foreign carrier. If arriving on KE or OZ, or if ICN is your first flight, without any connecting flight, you'll first enter the main terminal where you can access the showers, before heading to the concourse terminal if necessary.