Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Can't view res online or get seat assignments...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't view res online or get seat assignments...

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Angry Can't view res online or get seat assignments...

Booked a one way NRT-ICN-JFK in J yesterday. The stupid US Asiana website booking engine is actually a third party "Neat Travel". The record locator provided is the correct OZ record locator but I cannot log on to the website to get seats. I tried calling Asiana directly and they also said that they cannot assign seats.

...?

Anyone else having this issue?

Regards,
TFD
Old May 11, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
What was their excuse for saying the could not assign seats when you phoned? Any time I phoned them they were able to assign seats on the spot (for J award travel).
Old May 11, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
NEAT is run by Orbitz not Asiana. It might be similar to an issue that I had before where my reservation was visible when I was logged in to MyAsiana but needed to log out to change seats. Depending on when your flight leaves you might be in the window where the seats are under airport control either for time or the fact that Asiana usually has a high percentage of seats blocked until check in. Even being Diamond Plus couldn't get a seat assignment. It might just the usual Asiana IT issue.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
This link absolutely works for seat assignments, I used it for a flight last week and I just used it again today for a different ticket.

http://eu.flyasiana.com/I/en/Default...&menuType=LINK

However it is very picky with how you enter your name, it only works when I attach 'MR' to the end of my first name. If you have a middle name or middle initial on your ticket then you would also have to attach that to the end of your first name.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by acf1270
This link absolutely works for seat assignments, I used it for a flight last week and I just used it again today for a different ticket.

However it is very picky with how you enter your name, it only works when I attach 'MR' to the end of my first name. If you have a middle name or middle initial on your ticket then you would also have to attach that to the end of your first name.
I had the same problem as OP. I booked an award ticket with LM and was not able to view or select seats on OZ website.

The link you provided worked ^

Thanks
Old May 12, 2014, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Finally able to look at seat options however blocked on all flights except ICN-BKK
Old May 24, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 100K BA executive club, IC/platinum/RA

I also used your link. It seemed to work fine. Thanks
Old May 25, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold

Originally Posted by useless
I also used your link. It seemed to work fine. Thanks
Well, it doesn't work "absolutely." I tried the above and got this message:

"You have entered the wrong information.
Please check the date of departure or the reservation number/e-ticket number and try again.
Advance seat reservation service is not applicable to reservation from travel agency."

This was booked on UA. I called OZ and got my seat assignments.
Old May 26, 2014, 12:39 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ok2uselane
Well, it doesn't work "absolutely." I tried the above and got this message:

"You have entered the wrong information.
Please check the date of departure or the reservation number/e-ticket number and try again.
Advance seat reservation service is not applicable to reservation from travel agency."

This was booked on UA. I called OZ and got my seat assignments.
I had similar error message using that link, but when I logged in to OZ and clicked on booking I was able to view and amend seat assignments.
Old May 29, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: AP 75k
Is it normal for the status to be No Show on the seat assignment page?
Old May 29, 2014, 10:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by chocobill
Have you been involuntary downgraded or otherwise had your ticket amended by OZ changes?
Old May 30, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: AP 75k
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Have you been involuntary downgraded or otherwise had your ticket amended by OZ changes?
Not that I am aware of...
Old May 30, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I recall seeing something about No Show on my reservation on asiana site. I think it was the seat assignment page but cannot 100% recall. No problem flying or with downline segments
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:35 pm

Didn't work for two reservations I have with Aeroplan.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:48 am

Thanks for the link! I was able to confirm my seats. I originally called Asiana for my seats and they were able to do it for me.

Very odd, under my status, it also shows no show. My flight isn't until February 8, 2015 I haven't been downgraded or anything since I was able to select my J award seats fine. I hope this doesn't cause any issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.