Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Hidden Benefits of Asiana Airlines Diamond Plus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hidden Benefits of Asiana Airlines Diamond Plus?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: Asiana
Originally Posted by truncated
You do know the A380 is being taken off ICN-JFK from end-October to late March right... Going from 12F/66J on the 388 to 22J on the 772 probably won't be good for your upgrade chances...
3rd time flying ICN/JFK in the past 30 days. Got upgrades all 3 times. My travel mate who is just a OZ silver member with 4,xxx miles also got an upgrade probably because we are on one reservation. Reason for upgrade: economy seats oversold. I'm the kind of passenger who's looking forward to upgrades but dare not ask for one.

Next ICN/JFK will be late September. Will see what happens.
bizum likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Summer time is peak season. If there is a chance of economy being oversold, that would be the time.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: Asiana
Originally Posted by nme7
Summer time is peak season. If there is a chance of economy being oversold, that would be the time.
"Economy oversold" is the key.
5 round trips of JFK-ICN this summer. When getting close to off season and economy have plenty of seats available, upgrade seems impossible.

Also, don't make special meals on economy because upgrade is not allowed if you have special meal order according to OZ regulations.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by globalcitizen85
Also, don't make special meals on economy because upgrade is not allowed if you have special meal order according to OZ regulations.
Do you have any source for that information?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:05 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
Do you have any source for that information?
It's common practice on most airlines that special meals void any chance of an upgrade. The time frame for an operational upgrade mean it is impossible to organise the same special meal in the upgraded cabin and to avoid complaints from pax the airlines simply give the operational upgrades to someone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.