Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 31, 12, 8:12 am   #1
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 5,533
How to change FFP on booking

Hello,

I made a reservation for an Asiana flight using my Asiana Club account (that was needed to get the special fare).
Now there seems to be no way to change the FFP number for this booking. I would like to credit the miles to LH M&M instead of Asiana....

Anybody have an idea how I can do this online. Or is changing it at check-in my only chance?

Thanks.
RTW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 12, 11:57 am   #2
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere
Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Costco
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
Hello,

I made a reservation for an Asiana flight using my Asiana Club account (that was needed to get the special fare).
Now there seems to be no way to change the FFP number for this booking. I would like to credit the miles to LH M&M instead of Asiana....

Anybody have an idea how I can do this online. Or is changing it at check-in my only chance?

Thanks.
Didn't you get the special fare for using your Asiana Club account. Now you want Asiana to credit your miles on LH M&M. Sounds unfair to me...I don't think Asiana should accommodate your request, since one of the prerequisites was that you use the Asiana Club account.
__________________
Life is a bowl of cherries, you eat one and you spit out the pits...
muc2asia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 12, 7:38 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 5,533
With respect.... But I couldn't care less what you consider fair...

They are part of *A and crediting miles to other programs is how it works. But I'll probably change at check-in....
RTW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 12, 5:42 am   #4
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SIN/SEL/YQG
Programs: OZ, AA, UA, Hilton, SPG, Carlson
Posts: 2,226
I thought the deeply discounted fares usually do not book into mileage earning classes?
SirJman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 12, 12:48 am   #5
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LAX
Programs: United, Hyatt, American Air, US Airways
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
Hello,

I made a reservation for an Asiana flight using my Asiana Club account (that was needed to get the special fare).
Now there seems to be no way to change the FFP number for this booking. I would like to credit the miles to LH M&M instead of Asiana....

Anybody have an idea how I can do this online. Or is changing it at check-in my only chance?

Thanks.
If you got a special fare, I don't think you can earn miles.
What is your booking class?

http://eu.flyasiana.com/Global/EU/en...?fid=CLUB15100
"Tickets marked with a discount of more than 50% on the fare basis, special discount tickets for no mileage accumulation, award tickets or free tickets are excluded from mileage accumulation."
ltabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 12, 2:27 am   #6
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NE & SE Asia, N America
Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Posts: 3,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltabi View Post
If you got a special fare, I don't think you can earn miles.
What is your booking class?

http://eu.flyasiana.com/Global/EU/en...?fid=CLUB15100
"Tickets marked with a discount of more than 50% on the fare basis, special discount tickets for no mileage accumulation, award tickets or free tickets are excluded from mileage accumulation."
Actually, I got burned once on a heavily discounted fare that was a Y booking class, but less than 50% of the regular Y fare. Wasn't any way they'd allow the miles being it clearly states the above in the rules, and I'd simply forgotten about it.
A_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 12, 9:34 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
With respect.... But I couldn't care less what you consider fair...

They are part of *A and crediting miles to other programs is how it works. But I'll probably change at check-in....
Wow, that was rude.
Ducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 12, 9:36 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by muc2asia View Post
Didn't you get the special fare for using your Asiana Club account. Now you want Asiana to credit your miles on LH M&M. Sounds unfair to me...I don't think Asiana should accommodate your request, since one of the prerequisites was that you use the Asiana Club account.
+1
I'm hoping the OP is stuck with OZ miles.
Ducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 12, 5:22 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 神奈川県
Programs: Priority "IHG" Club Plat, A3, BA Silver (completely unearned) UA Melba Toast
Posts: 467
Ok, I'm in a very similar situation, although I know have purchased a mileage earning fare. I signed up for Asiana Club primarily so I could actually select seats after purchasing my reservation (which was made through Orbitz); I added my OZ number at booking and was successful at getting the seats I wanted.

Now I want to credit my flights to UA. The OZ call center suggested that adding my UA number to the reservation would prevent me from viewing it online. Is the best option to add my UA number when I actually check in? And will I be given the chance to do so?

This is my first time flying OZ, so I'd like to try to get any potential issues resolved early (the actual flights are in October).
__________________
He travels best that knows when to return. St. Thomas More
keihin_242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 12, 7:19 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NE & SE Asia, N America
Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Posts: 3,067
No problems whatsoever in changing your FFP number when checking in. I do it all the time, for exactly the same reason as you. I give them my OZ number, do my advance seating assignment online, then change the number at check-in. Just be sure you double check the boarding pass to be sure they changed the number. They're very good at ICN, and I don't think they've ever missed it there, but at outstations they're very hit-and-miss about correctly changing the number, sometimes I have to repeat it 3 times (and printing out the boarding pass 3 times) before they get it right. If for any reason you have an OZ flight into ICN, then connecting to another OZ flight, and want to credit to OZ on one and a different FFP on the other (or credit to any differing FFPs, not necessarily OZ), you will really run the risk of them misunderstanding. I checked and doubled checked in such a case, and even had the correct number on the boarding pass, but it ended up in the wrong FFP because the agent at check-in changed it after she printed my boarding pass. I should have checked again when I arrived at ICN. But if you're just talking about a single flight, or just crediting to one FFP, it should be fine if it shows correctly on your boarding pass.
A_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 12, 12:23 am   #11
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: LAN, MI
Programs: AA EXP, OZ Diamond, Hilton Gold and many others...
Posts: 320
yeah do at checkin
ssoonngg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 12, 1:31 am   #12
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LAX
Programs: United, Hyatt, American Air, US Airways
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by keihin_242 View Post
Ok, I'm in a very similar situation, although I know have purchased a mileage earning fare. I signed up for Asiana Club primarily so I could actually select seats after purchasing my reservation (which was made through Orbitz); I added my OZ number at booking and was successful at getting the seats I wanted.

Now I want to credit my flights to UA. The OZ call center suggested that adding my UA number to the reservation would prevent me from viewing it online. Is the best option to add my UA number when I actually check in? And will I be given the chance to do so?

This is my first time flying OZ, so I'd like to try to get any potential issues resolved early (the actual flights are in October).
Really? I changed my FFP to UA online and I could still see my view my itinerary online and get advance seat selection. I purchased my ticket through us.flyasiana.com (aka Expedia). But on the safe side, I would probably confirm again at check-in.
ltabi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:14 am.