Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
ICN First Lounge

Are there any day rooms to sleep?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:58 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Are there any day rooms to sleep?
IIRC they have some rooms with massage (?) chairs but you can't close the door. Some people might be able to sleep there, I can't.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I assume you're flying OZ? Because if flying some other *A carrier, you may be stuck in the concourse OZ lounge, rather than the main terminal OZ lounge, and there are differences.

For the main terminal OZ lounge, there are two relaxing rooms. The first room is straight ahead after you enter the lounge and make a left at the receptionist counter. There are some quite comfortable reclining chairs there, with foot rests. I've slept there on a number of occasions when I was quite tired. Never had anyone come in and bother me. I believe there are four chairs in the room, separated by low-height partitions. It is though quite noisy there due to noise from the lower level. Plus it is not dark. So bring earplugs and eye shades if you want to sleep.

The other relaxing room is in the rear. From the dining area, head towards the back along the right side, and you will see showers on your left, with the relaxing room straight ahead. For this relaxing room, I believe there are only massage chairs, which in my opinion are not so conducive to sleeping, but of course much better if your muscles are tight and want to relax them with a massage.

If sleep is really important to you, and you're not able to sleep in the relaxing room, I'd recommend paying for a day room at the airside hotel.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by A_Lee
I assume you're flying OZ? ...
I'm flying ICN-FRA with Asiana in First class
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:54 pm

In that case, my description of the main terminal F lounge applies to you.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
I'm flying ICN-FRA with Asiana in First class
As noted, at the very back of the lounge, past the food area and to the right with widows overlooking the terminal (to the left are the washrooms) there are rooms with massage chairs. Just remember to set the alarm on your cell phone should you get too comfortable. Of course a mention to the receptionist that you will be in one of those rooms will get you a wake-up as someone will be coming to walk you to the departure gate. The lounge is nothing high tech/high touch but more like an English private men's club. Did this flight last November and will be doing it again on April 5th.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
When I flew OZ F several years ago, I visited the SQ lounge in the next concourse. Their F lounge had a separate area with two flat daybed type lounge chairs with pillows and their mauve wool inflight F blankets plus eyeshades laid out. If you have the time and really want to lie flat, SQ's lounge is probably still the one to visit.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:08 pm

SQ's lounge has been closed for a couple of years. When ICN expanded and added the Concourse Terminal, which all foreign airlines use, SQ closed their lounge at that time, and OZ opened a new lounge nearby to where the old SQ lounge was, being OZ uses that side of the main terminal. SQ transfered to the Concourse Terminal, but now they just use the OZ C/F lounge there, as do all other *A carriers.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 9:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
the flyasiana site says the concourse lounge has "a sleeping room". If thought that to be a room that is private and is handed out on "first come first serve basis". Am I mistaking in the quality of the room? (is it of the "relaxing type" you describe above, with noise and lights on?)
Old Apr 8, 2012, 5:44 pm

There are no sleeping rooms that I know of in the Concourse OZ F lounge. They only have one "relaxing room", which has the massage chairs. It is located in the shower/toilet area. It would be much quieter than the rooms in the main terminal F lounge, because it's not directly above an area where all sorts of people are walking below. But if anyone were to go to take a shower, you might hear them as they walk by. The room, as I recall it, is much darker than ones in the main terminal. But if trying to sleep, I would probably find the massage chairs to be quite inferior to the reclining chairs as in one of the main terminal relaxing rooms.

I'll have to have a better look at the room next time I'm there and also ask if there's any sort of sleeping room. I'll be at ICN later this week, but won't get access to that lounge being I'm flying OZ, so will probably not be till the end of the month when I can get there next.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:34 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
well, I'm at the concourse asiana lounge now and can confirm. I asked the staff, they said "we only have the massage rooms". There are 4 rooms in the shower area. They are "darkish" but no doors and the hallway lights just outside are on.

With earplugs and facemask on I slept for 3 hours. The main disturbance is not showers but all the boarding calls. They are pretty frequent and loud in this area. Further more, the chairs are pretty sweatty, you will be fixed in one position and the material of the chair is not "breatheable".
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:39 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by A_Lee
I'll have to have a better look at the room next time I'm there and also ask if there's any sort of sleeping room.
Please do, even if I got the negative answer. I am not sure they understood what I was referring to, and the website actually says sleeping room. In most lounges that means a private room with bed.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:47 pm

I am in the ICN Asiana First lounge now.

Immediately to the right of the entrance past the reception are three rooms, set out as small lounges with normal tables and arm chairs; look like private rooms for groups to me.

The relaxing area in the main lounge has four sepatate areas with screens about 1.5m high, each with a reclining arm chair and a foot stool. These will not go flat and the foot stool is free so needs to be positioned as required.

The TV area has three bays, one is a double, with the same partitioning and chairs as the relaxing area. Each section has a TV.

The relaxing area at the end of the lounge behind the food counter has two rooms, one with a single massage chair and the other with two together. They are not comfortable to sit in (and indeed do not give a very good massage as they do not go flat).

Asked the receptionist if there was a sleeping area and was directed to the relaxing chairs.So, no flat sleeping area and the relaxing chairs are not private.

The champagne is Mumm non-vintage.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 9:05 pm

As a F class passenger, are you allow to bring guest into F lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.