Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

ICN-HKT Friday, HKT-ICN Saturday May Be Cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold

I have a trip already booked with a ICN-HKT segment on a Friday night. A few days after booking, I was checking availability. It went from being wide open to zero availability in all booking classes in just a few days, and the return flight also had zero availability. I called OZ and evidently they are considering dropping Friday, return Saturday for this route, but won't decide until March. So if anyone is booked for this flight on the affected days, you may want to check with OZ in March to see if you're flight is still on or not.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: AS AA
Originally Posted by A_Lee
I have a trip already booked with a ICN-HKT segment on a Friday night. A few days after booking, I was checking availability. It went from being wide open to zero availability in all booking classes in just a few days, and the return flight also had zero availability. I called OZ and evidently they are considering dropping Friday, return Saturday for this route, but won't decide until March. So if anyone is booked for this flight on the affected days, you may want to check with OZ in March to see if you're flight is still on or not.
I flew OZ747 ICN-HKT on a Friday last March. The flight was almost full. I don't understand why OZ would drop it as people can include the whole weekend in their vacation and the load is not bad at all. Maybe the bird can be used on a better route?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alfrie
I flew OZ747 ICN-HKT on a Friday last March. The flight was almost full. I don't understand why OZ would drop it as people can include the whole weekend in their vacation and the load is not bad at all. Maybe the bird can be used on a better route?
Yes, I'm with you. I think Friday is the worst day to cancel, being lots of Koreans want to start their holiday on that evening. As you say, maybe there's another route that's even more in demand. Also, TG started flying that route I believe last October, so maybe that's had an effect on OZ's numbers.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Availability is now back for this flight, and in addition OZ is now codesharing on the TG direct flight on Wed, Fri, and Sun. My guess is that they were discussing this codeshare agreement with TG and thought they might drop their own flight on those days to avoid a conflict, but looks like all is well now, without them needing to do anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.