Wiki Posts
Search

lounge with shower at sfo for *G

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Smile lounge with shower at sfo for *G

hi all-

i've read some threads already on this subject, but this may be more of a logistical question...

i arrive via UA888 from PEK at 9am at SFO and on the same day, leave via OZ for ICN at noon.

in the 2+ hours i have, i'd like to shower. i'm *G if that matters, but what are my showering options?

thanks!
dave
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Taking the long way from PEK to ICN, are we? Sounds like something crazy that I'd try.

I can't really answer your question about SFO, being I don't use that airport much, but last time I was there I used the showers in the SQ lounge with my *G card. I don't really know though how far it is from the OZ gate, if the lounge is open at that time, if they're still letting in *G passengers, etc.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by A_Lee
Taking the long way from PEK to ICN, are we? Sounds like something crazy that I'd try.

I can't really answer your question about SFO, being I don't use that airport much, but last time I was there I used the showers in the SQ lounge with my *G card. I don't really know though how far it is from the OZ gate, if the lounge is open at that time, if they're still letting in *G passengers, etc.
i'm going to try staying within security (if possible) once i deplane, get a hold of an OZ agent and get my boarding pass somehow and then trying to use that and my *G card to get into the SQ lounge for a shower. don't know, would like to hear if someone has done this.

sucks to sit on a plane for half a day, only to get on another for half a day. but then again, i did this strange routing to hit 1k. also going from severe weather changes between freezing gold to sweltering hot.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by davetastic
i'm going to try staying within security (if possible) once i deplane,
Is that possible at any airport in the USA with respect to international flights? I didn't think it was possible. It is my understanding that all passengers arriving into the USA on an international flight must pass through immigration/security, without any exceptions. If this isn't the case, someone please let me know, as it would be quite useful for me on occasions when I want to use a USA airport as a transit point between two other countries.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by A_Lee
Is that possible at any airport in the USA with respect to international flights? I didn't think it was possible. It is my understanding that all passengers arriving into the USA on an international flight must pass through immigration/security, without any exceptions. If this isn't the case, someone please let me know, as it would be quite useful for me on occasions when I want to use a USA airport as a transit point between two other countries.
Yes, this is true. You won't be able to stay within security. The reason for this is if you were allowed into the secure area without passing through immigration, you could just turn around and walk out the door into the US.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:48 am

If you can pass security and enter the G gates at the international terminal, the SQ lounge should allow you entry and the use of their (single) shower.

We were able to use last week as we were arriving from a domestic flight and simply used the connector walkway. No one mentioned (and we didn't check the screens carefully enough) that OZ use the A gates so had a bit of a mad dash before departure.

Not sure what lounge OZ use around the A gates - assuming you are in Y and that you'll not be entitled to use their contract lounge available for C passengers.

If you have no luck and the SQ lounge deny entry as I hear they have done occasionally in the past, pre-security showers are available near the security area at the entrance to the G gates.

Mark
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Paid Showers
Freshen Up! offers shower facilities, toiletries, ironing facilities and undergarments
International Terminal, Main Hall, pre-security
hours: daily, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
phone: 650.877.0798
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:23 pm

United arrivals lounge sfo

You may be able to wrangle your way into the United arrivals lounge, which has nice showers: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,50001,00.html

Supposedly only for first and full fare business customers, but we didn't have an issue with award business tix a few months ago.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jchock1
You may be able to wrangle your way into the United arrivals lounge, which has nice showers: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,50001,00.html

Supposedly only for first and full fare business customers, but we didn't have an issue with award business tix a few months ago.
From OP's routing, more than likely is for MR purpose, and probably in Y. I mean who else is going to fly paid or award C PEK-SFO-ICN with only 3 hours in SFO ?

Arrivals for united is for int'l pax (except canada, mexico, puerto rico and virgin islands) arriving UA metal at SFO in paid first (F/A), upgrade first (NF), award F (XF), paid C (C/D), and also award business (XC)

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 12, 2011 at 2:20 am
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I don't think SQ lounge has a shower any more.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I don't think SQ lounge has a shower any more.
Still does, but the point is OP would not have access to SQ lounge, as SQ lounge is pass security at G concourse. OZ use A concourse in SFO. Without boarding pass for airline departing G concourse, doubt security would let OP get in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.