LHR or FRA to ICN in C class?

Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

LHR or FRA to ICN in C class?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked.

I am trying to sort out our honeymoon for early Oct next year and I was wondering which airport people would rather fly to ICN from? LHR or FRA?

I know LHR is the 777 and FRA is the 747, but I was wondering if either route will have the A380 by late next year?

Cheers ^
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked.

I am trying to sort out our honeymoon for early Oct next year and I was wondering which airport people would rather fly to ICN from? LHR or FRA?

I know LHR is the 777 and FRA is the 747, but I was wondering if either route will have the A380 by late next year?

Cheers ^
Friday and Monday is now the Quadrum Spangled Super duper seat LHR-ICN, I'm booked for a Saturday
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Friday and Monday is now the Quadrum Spangled Super duper seat LHR-ICN, I'm booked for a Saturday
I find that the quality of service on Asiana more than makes up for angled seats in business, although granted, given the choice I would select the lie flat.

Slightly OT, but a few weeks ago I flew IAD - LHR on UA in business, with the lie flat seats, then two days later flew Asiana to ICN with the angled seat. The short time between the flights just emphasised the difference in service quality, with the Asiana flight being far more enjoyable than the UA one.

Also, I flew back ICN - LHR on a Saturday and had the lie flat seat, so you might be lucky.

And to answer the op's original question - I personally doubt that OZ will be flying the A380 to LHR or FRA anytime soon. There is just too much availability on these routes to warrant the extra seats. If it was me, I'd just fly from whichever airport is the easiest one for you to get to, because if you're flying in OZ business, it's going to be good whichever aircraft or airport you go from.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:27 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I would choose FRA:

- you avoid this insane UK Departure Tax

- FRA flights are operated with B747 and C-class is only on the U/Deck, so you feel as on a private jet

Enjoy and happy travels...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:57 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by TPJ
I would choose FRA:

- you avoid this insane UK Departure Tax

- FRA flights are operated with B747 and C-class is only on the U/Deck, so you feel as on a private jet

Enjoy and happy travels...
You're right - I forgot about the departure tax. That's what comes from getting customers to pay for my ticket instead of paying for it myself.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Ill be starting from else where in Europe so Ill wont pay the departure tax
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:45 am

When comparing OZ New C vs. OZ Old C, surely it's a no-brainer?

It's only when comparing for example UA New C vs. OZ Old C when the soft product aspect becomes relevant. If it's OZ either way, then definitely take the new product.

PS. Upper deck on 747 is nice, but not so nice that I would willingly forgo the fully flat bed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.