Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
FAQs

Please help populate this Wiki by adding what you see as a relevant question and by providing the answer.

Claim for missing miles.
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: OZ *G
Hello, I am now a Gold member of Asiana Airlines, and I would like to know if I can get a real plastic card? Thank you!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BRCN
Hello, I am now a Gold member of Asiana Airlines, and I would like to know if I can get a real plastic card? Thank you!
If you're in the US call the US office and they'll mail it to you. Alternatively asking on Facebook and Twitter has been reported to work as well. You can also pick up a card at their counter in ICN. See this thread for more details: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...ship-card.html

However what use is a gold card to you — Asiana gold is equivalent to star alliance silver which basically gets you nothing on partner airlines. OZ Diamond is star alliance gold and then the card comes in useful when trying to get into partner lounges.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Hi - Booked flights from LAX to HKG through ICN on OZ in Nov and used United miles. How would I be able to select my seats? I have the confirmation from both airlines for the flights.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by cajunguy
Hi - Booked flights from LAX to HKG through ICN on OZ in Nov and used United miles. How would I be able to select my seats? I have the confirmation from both airlines for the flights.
You can either call OZ's US office or select them online. If you choose to do it online you'll have to add MR/MS/MRS/prefix to the end of your first name.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by steveman518
You can either call OZ's US office or select them online. If you choose to do it online you'll have to add MR/MS/MRS/prefix to the end of your first name.
Thanks! Done! We're upstairs in the smaller Biz Class section! YAY!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:47 pm

Dear Seniors

I have few questions about Asiana Club and TG ROP, hope to get some help here...

- if I'm traveling TG ( or any *A except OZ ) but crediting miles to Asiana Club, while my boarding pass will shows Asiana Club membership number, can I still use my ROP gold for *A lounge?

- all my travel with *A will not have any OZ flight, will this get me Asiana Club elite status? I'm targeting 500,000 miles life time membership.

Thanks a million ....
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by nisnekmil
Dear Seniors

I have few questions about Asiana Club and TG ROP, hope to get some help here...

- if I'm traveling TG ( or any *A except OZ ) but crediting miles to Asiana Club, while my boarding pass will shows Asiana Club membership number, can I still use my ROP gold for *A lounge?

- all my travel with *A will not have any OZ flight, will this get me Asiana Club elite status? I'm targeting 500,000 miles life time membership.

Thanks a million ....
Yes, you can use ROP *G for *A lounge.

Yes, Asiana does not have "minimum miles on OZ metal". All *A flights count towards OZ status as long as it is sold/operated by *A and booked under eligible booking classes.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by lee_apromise
Yes, you can use ROP *G for *A lounge.

Yes, Asiana does not have "minimum miles on OZ metal". All *A flights count towards OZ status as long as it is sold/operated by *A and booked under eligible booking classes.
Thank you sir, it's great that I can still utilize my ROP gold while building up Asiana status.

Once I hit 500,000 Asiana Club life time membership I won't need to worry about *A gold status anymore~
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: N/A
Hello all,

I have a MP booking and two flights are on Asiana. I am attempting to book seats on the A380 which will ideally allow my girlfriend, a sciatica sufferer some breathing room between us.

Is there any way to check the load on these flights?

At the moment, I am flying CGK-ICN-JFK on a tuesday evening flight. And have an option of doing an X-O-X selection and X-O-O-X selection.

Is there any way to check overall load, or would anyone here be able to recommend how I can proceed?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: M&M FT, A3
Hello,

Just a few newbie questions regarding Asiana CLub (sorry for that :-) :

- If i want to become star alliance gold, which is Diamond in the OZ program, I've to earn 40.000 star alliance miles within 2 years. Is this period starting from date of enrolment ? For example if I become OZ on 01/05/2017, i've untill 01/05/2019 to earn the 40.000 miles ?
- Diamond members can access the senator lounges of the LH group ?
- For renewal of Diamond status, is it the same requirement, like earning another 40.000 miles within 2 years to extend the Diamond status ?
- Other advantages/disadvantages of the OZ FFP when Diamond/Star Alliance Gold ?

Thank you very much.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
For first 3 question answer is yes.

If you are thinking about switching from M&M then disadvantages are earning rates.
- no miles cheap booking classes on LH (including P business class)
- only min. 250 miles for most middle-cost economy class :Q, V, S, W, T
- no privileges and lounge access on Air Dolomiti, Eurowings/Germanwings
- extremely bad earning ratio on business and first class
- no exec. bonus

IMHO talking into account earning ratio getting gold on United may be easier. Other adv.:
-UA miles are much useful (no YQ)
- 25% exec bonus on LH/UA flights
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:58 pm

as Asiana Diamond member. flying domestic aircanada G fare. is there a minimum miles you earn as *g?
i know aegean and others have policy, but couldn't find on Asiana site.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
250 miles (the same minimum for all Asiana FFP members, not only Diamonds)
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Asiana does have separate earning charts for Air Canada domestic flights vs Air Canada international flights. But I believe that's in almost every *A program.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: M&M FT, A3
Asiana club

Originally Posted by SPlDER
For first 3 question answer is yes.

If you are thinking about switching from M&M then disadvantages are earning rates.
- no miles cheap booking classes on LH (including P business class)
- only min. 250 miles for most middle-cost economy class :Q, V, S, W, T
- no privileges and lounge access on Air Dolomiti, Eurowings/Germanwings
- extremely bad earning ratio on business and first class
- no exec. bonus

IMHO talking into account earning ratio getting gold on United may be easier. Other adv.:
-UA miles are much useful (no YQ)
- 25% exec bonus on LH/UA flights
OK thanks for these infos. I looked the earning ratio with UA but with my following trip in Asia I'll not earn the same miles like with Asiana.

So Ireally don't know which *A FFP I've to choose to become *A Gold. Maybe there is a forum about that...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.