Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Always Flyin
7/2/2018 update (either the link or this method may die at any point):
Here's the steps for those booked Asiana flight using UA (or other) miles.
For all award trips, "Find my trip" doesn't work.
Select "Check-in" and fill the information. But not through the check-in button at the bottom of the first page. Go through "BOOK" at the top bar and then click "check-in". https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/CheckIn.do#none
You must have the ASIANA record locator number, which is available on the United site for your reservation.
It won't allow check-in because your travel date is too far away. But it lets us to select seats !!
Remember: between 72 and 48 hours before each flight, all good seats (front Y) are open.

======
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.
Online Advance Seat Reservation
Go to Reservations > Click on My Reservations > Login or Continue as Guest > Find or Enter Reservation Number > Click on Advance Seat Reservation located near the bottom of View Reservation Info screen
Print Wikipost

Asiana Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
F Seat J Service
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
F Seat J Service
Interesting. Then what about the actual J seats? Are the F seats simply overflow of J and I lucked out on the F seats?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Status? Fare class? Luck? Not sure. On TG domestic when it's a 747 (like HKT-BKK) I think it was at check in you could pick F fist come, first serve.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Status? Fare class? Luck? Not sure. On TG domestic when it's a 747 (like HKT-BKK) I think it was at check in you could pick F fist come, first serve.
Revenue J.
*G
AC S100K 1 Million Miler
When I did OLCI that was the only seat map I was giving and I couldn't even choose the actual J seat cabin(s).

In any case, will savour the experience of the F seat... and probably the very few times I will ever fly OZ!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:36 am

I have a similar question. I have a revenue ticket in Y bought directly via the (terrible) OZ website, PVG-ICN. It's currently showing as a 744 which I assume will be in a 2-class configuration. I'm able to do an advanced seat reservation, and have selected 21A which appears to be a J seat on the lower deck. F and the bubble are unavailable so I'm guessing these will be sold as J.

Are the lower deck 747 J seats really available as Y, or is it a website funny? I realise it'll be a Y service if it is the case.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
No issue selecting a seat using LAST then FIRSTMR for United award booked a few hours ago
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:56 am

I will be flying from Incheon to Bangkok with A380 which economy class should I choose the Upper deck or the main deck ?

Last edited by IBstudent; Mar 3, 2015 at 3:12 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by IBstudent
I will be flying from Incheon to Bangkok with A380 which economy class should I choose the Upper deck or the main deck ?
I would recommend the upper deck as there are fewer seats and it tends to be quieter. Also, on SQ at least there is a storage bin next to the window seats kind of like in C class. I haven't had the chance to fly the OZ380, but I think they have them too.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
They do have the storage units on the windows seats. But just be careful of selecting the last section of economy seats in the back when upstairs. The seats near the windows have smaller overhead bins for your carry on. I don't think TSA compliant carry-on will even fit in there.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
So I just called OZ to try to select a seat on a on OZ flight which is booked as an AC code share but was told that this is only possible at the airport. Ticket is in paid J. Does this make sense or should I call back and try another agent?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by fly_yag
So I just called OZ to try to select a seat on a on OZ flight which is booked as an AC code share but was told that this is only possible at the airport. Ticket is in paid J. Does this make sense or should I call back and try another agent?
If you can get Air Canada to give you the Asiana booking code that might help. Last month I booked a segment in economy in Asiana through United and with the Asiana code United gave me I was able to call and book my seat.

On a different note, one thing I learned was that the exit row (15) on the A321 is held back until airport check-in so if you want a seat there get to the airport early.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
If you can get the Asiana confirmation number you can go to the link in the wiki

Enter name as LASTNAME FIRSTNAME+MI+MR

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 7, 2015 at 3:10 pm Reason: Just noticed wiki
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by CDKing
If you can get the Asiana confirmation number you can go to the link in the wiki

Enter name as LASTNAME FIRSTNAME+MI+MR
I've had this work sometimes and sometimes not. I have no idea why.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: AC 75K
I'm trying to select a seat in J on OZ742 from BKK-ICN, however something seems to not be working.

I can pull up the seat map, and toggle between the Upper and Lower deck, but I'm not able to view the 2nd Business Class cabin on the upper deck - I can only view the front cabin with Rows 7-11.

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
I've had some issues trying to scroll down the seat map so I can see the rest of the biz class seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.