Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Always Flyin
7/2/2018 update (either the link or this method may die at any point):
Here's the steps for those booked Asiana flight using UA (or other) miles.
For all award trips, "Find my trip" doesn't work.
Select "Check-in" and fill the information. But not through the check-in button at the bottom of the first page. Go through "BOOK" at the top bar and then click "check-in". https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/CheckIn.do#none
You must have the ASIANA record locator number, which is available on the United site for your reservation.
It won't allow check-in because your travel date is too far away. But it lets us to select seats !!
Remember: between 72 and 48 hours before each flight, all good seats (front Y) are open.

======
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.
Online Advance Seat Reservation
Go to Reservations > Click on My Reservations > Login or Continue as Guest > Find or Enter Reservation Number > Click on Advance Seat Reservation located near the bottom of View Reservation Info screen
Print Wikipost

Asiana Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by JamieDee78
Called UA and got my confirmation # for OZ flights. First couple attempts on Asiana website to select seats failed, but I read this thread and tried the XXXXX/XXXXXMRX trick that was posted earlier (Family name/Given name + MR + Middle initial) and that worked! Thanks so much!!
Can you elaborate exactly how you did this?
I just got my Asiana confirmation number by calling United. When I entered my reservation number/first & last name and email address on Asiana's website, I got an error message stating that the reservation number is incorrect.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by joer1212
Can you elaborate exactly how you did this?
I just got my Asiana confirmation number by calling United. When I entered my reservation number/first & last name and email address on Asiana's website, I got an error message stating that the reservation number is incorrect.
The first name was input as (FIRSTNAME)(MR/MS)(MIDDLE INITIAL) as one name (if the middle initial is on the UA PNR)
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by steveman518
The first name was input as (FIRSTNAME)(MR/MS)(MIDDLE INITIAL) as one name (if the middle initial is on the UA PNR)
I don't have a middle name.
I just entered my first name/MR as one word where it says 'first name' on Asiana, and I still get the error message 'Reservation information is incorrect'.

Last edited by joer1212; Oct 15, 2014 at 12:06 am
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by erlendag
I booked a ticket with Asiana and Turkish Airlines using Lifemiles. I had a lot of problems reserving seats, none of the usual tricks worked. Tried lufthansa.com, lot.com etc to no avail. Finally I found the following page, which allowed me to choose seats:

http://eu.flyasiana.com/I/en/Default...&menuType=LINK

Was able to snag first class seats (with biz service) from SGN to ICN

Hope this can be useful for someone.
This link worked! However, I was dismayed by how many seats were supposedly "unavailable" in C on my JFK-ICN segment on January 18.
According to the seat map on Asiana's site, there are only 3 seats available in the entire C cabin (24 seats).
How is this possible? Are these seats actually already occupied by passengers, or are they just blocked off for some reason?

I wanted a window seat, but I am not sure if any of the seats available on Asiana's map (seats 7A, 7K, 6G) are a window seat that's facing the window (not the aisle). The Asiana seat map does not specify this (the newly installed Quadra Smartium seats have a staggered config).

A 777-300ER will be used for JFK-ICN. However, neither seatguru nor seatexpert have maps for this aircraft model. I guessing it's because it's a new order?
How can I make sure I select a seat that's facing the window? I'm don't even think calling Asiana will help, since I doubt their reps would have access to this info.

I was able to google an image of an Asiana 777-300ER seat map, but it's different than the one they showed me on Asiana's website. The website version has 24 seats, while the one I found has 52 seats.

P.S. I didn't select a seat for JFK-ICN. I only selected a seat for the second leg of my trip (ICN-MNL--7k on upper deck of 744)

Last edited by joer1212; Oct 15, 2014 at 1:04 am
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:50 am

This link worked! However, I was dismayed by how many seats were supposedly "unavailable" in C on my JFK-ICN segment on January 18.
According to the seat map on Asiana's site, there are only 3 seats available in the entire C cabin (24 seats).
How is this possible? Are these seats actually already occupied by passengers, or are they just blocked off for some reason?
I wanted a window seat, but I am not sure if any of the seats available on Asiana's map (seats 7A, 7K, 6G) are a window seat that's facing the window (not the aisle). The Asiana seat map does not specify this (the newly installed Quadra Smartium seats have a staggered config).
A 777-300ER will be used for JFK-ICN. However, neither seatguru nor seatexpert have maps for this aircraft model. I guessing it's because it's a new order?
How can I make sure I select a seat that's facing the window? I'm don't even think calling Asiana will help, since I doubt their reps would have access to this info.
On the second leg of my trip (ICN-MNL), I actually selected a seat (7k on upper deck of 744).
OZ uses the 77W designation for some flights, but it doesn't actually fly the -300ER, but it is the -200ER
Seatguru
For the seat maps on Asiana's site, it is the first one on the -200ERs (246 seats). For the J seats that are against the windows, you want the even numbered rows
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by steveman518
OZ uses the 77W designation for some flights, but it doesn't actually fly the -300ER, but it is the -200ER
Seatguru
For the seat maps on Asiana's site, it is the first one on the -200ERs (246 seats). For the J seats that are against the windows, you want the even numbered rows
Do you think it will help if I call Asiana tomorrow to request seat 6A or 6K, or do the reps go by what's on the seat map that I already viewed?

Last edited by joer1212; Oct 15, 2014 at 2:22 am
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:09 pm

I called in and was able to get one of those seats against the windows-I think the row numbering for F and J is the same on the Asiana site and seatguru, though go with the Asiana one to be sure
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Is there any pushback on getting seats assigned on the 2 class 777s in J?
I am booking an award NRT-ICN-LHR and I'll be flying with my Mom. I'd probably like to get the E & F seats for the ICN-LHR leg so that we can sit next to each other and I don't like being in the seats that has nothing between you and the aisle.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Is there any pushback on getting seats assigned on the 2 class 777s in J?
I am booking an award NRT-ICN-LHR and I'll be flying with my Mom. I'd probably like to get the E & F seats for the ICN-LHR leg so that we can sit next to each other and I don't like being in the seats that has nothing between you and the aisle.
You should be able to assign both J seats for both legs. I was able to for a leg in old J and a leg on new J, both on 2-class 777s
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:02 am

It's weird that the OZ site for Europe allows you...

to log on and see your reservation to pre-reserve seat(s)...And the US site
does not. You have to log in with an OZ FF number.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:02 pm

Do the blocked seats open up at 48 hours for online checking?

For example on a 74E seat such as 1A/1K and 2A and 2k,
I believe they're blocked for captain, handicapped, or infants , will you able to select those blocked seats 48 hours prior to the flight at online checking? Anyone?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by superking
Do the blocked seats open up at 48 hours for online checking?

For example on a 74E seat such as 1A/1K and 2A and 2k,
I believe they're blocked for captain, handicapped, or infants , will you able to select those blocked seats 48 hours prior to the flight at online checking? Anyone?
Is this about your other thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...x-203-74e.html

as was replied in the other thread, those seats in the F cabin aren't available for award redemptions. asking in another thread doesn't change the answer
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Should I bother calling OZ in this case?
I have NRT-ICN-LHR in J booked for my mother and I via UA award. When it sent my email confirmation it actually showed the seats I probably would have picked (E/F) for the Quadra legs.
The UA site which before has accurately showed my OZ seats on previous flights showed no seats for me but the ones for my Mom which the email showed.

From another issue I came across CheckMyTrip.com and I put in my OZ confirmation # for that and I showed the seats in the UA email which are the exact seats I wanted OZ to assign us. I've never used that site to check on anything before but it pulled up all the information so I assume everything is good to go?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:18 am

I was able to google an image of an Asiana 777-300ER seat map, but it's different than the one they showed me on Asiana's website. The website version has 24 seats, while the one I found has 52 seats.

P.S. I didn't select a seat for JFK-ICN. I only selected a seat for the second leg of my trip (ICN-MNL--7k on upper deck of 744)
This is the seat map you're looking for. It's version 5. It doesn't always show up in the left list of planes, but it is definitely on SeatGuru.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Asi...7-200_ER_E.php
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:48 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
The trick using the EU website isn't working for me. Anyone run into the problem with the website telling you that you've entered the wrong information and was able to find another way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.