Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 15, 11, 4:52 am   #1

KIX-ICN-SYD-ICN-SPN; Which business class seat?

hi all. i'm trying to find out if my flights have the angled business class seats and AVOD? if not, i'm thinking of switching my flights as it's hard to fly 9+ hours in an old recliner with looped movies/programs. My flights are scheduled for next month.

ANY assistance you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!

OZ111 KIX-ICN A333
OZ601 ICN-SYD 777
OZ602 SYD-ICN 777
OZ605 ICN-SPN 767
trust77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 11, 6:38 am   #2
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer

Programs: QF WP, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
I have never been on a OZ 767 so can't comment. But the 333 will have an angled flat seat and AVOD, the 777 will have an angled flat seat and will most probably have AVOD however, there are some birds out there with PTV still.
DownUnderFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 11, 2:41 pm   #3

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust77 View Post
hi all. i'm trying to find out if my flights have the angled business class seats and AVOD? if not, i'm thinking of switching my flights as it's hard to fly 9+ hours in an old recliner with looped movies/programs. My flights are scheduled for next month.

ANY assistance you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!

OZ111 KIX-ICN A333
OZ601 ICN-SYD 777
OZ602 SYD-ICN 777
OZ605 ICN-SPN 767
You'd need a time machine to get a recliner, I'm pleased to say.
ethelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 11, 7:23 am   #4

Thanks for responding! After doing some research on Asiana's website, I also concluded that the seats were angled lie-flat and that recliners no longer existed. I can handle that! Hopefully I'll get a 777's with AVOD...
Old Apr 18, 11, 10:15 pm   #5

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
I have never been on a OZ 767 so can't comment. But the 333 will have an angled flat seat and AVOD, the 777 will have an angled flat seat and will most probably have AVOD however, there are some birds out there with PTV still.
OZ 767's have the same seat in a 2-1-2 layout. I recommend the captain Kirk seat (1D). They also have AVOD in all 763's.

Quote:
Thanks for responding! After doing some research on Asiana's website, I also concluded that the seats were angled lie-flat and that recliners no longer existed. I can handle that! Hopefully I'll get a 777's with AVOD...
The 772's without AVOD (ships 7700 and 7732) are the ones without AVOD. In the past 2 weeks Sydney has had ship 7700 almost 100% of the time unfortunately. Although it is on a loop, the OZ service and catering definitely make up for this.
Old Apr 19, 11, 2:44 am   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ande777emt View Post
OZ 767's have the same seat in a 2-1-2 layout. I recommend the captain Kirk seat (1D). They also have AVOD in all 763's.

The 772's without AVOD (ships 7700 and 7732) are the ones without AVOD. In the past 2 weeks Sydney has had ship 7700 almost 100% of the time unfortunately. Although it is on a loop, the OZ service and catering definitely make up for this.
wow thank you for this valuable information! i dont travel until the end of may so hopefully something will be switched. thx again for the link to that site!
Old Apr 19, 11, 5:44 am   #7
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), US & BA Emerald, EY Silv, IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
I have never been on a OZ 767
Sometimes I fly TPE-ICN-TPE operated with B767 and I always had AVOD available. Seats in C are similar to these used on B777's.

Last edited by TPJ; Apr 20, 11 at 5:45 am.
TPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 11, 6:42 pm   #8

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Quote:
wow thank you for this valuable information! i dont travel until the end of may so hopefully something will be switched. thx again for the link to that site!
On a last minute basis there's been some swappage to a 744, it looks like Saturdays is the day it has happened a few times. So if you're flying on a Saturday you might luck out.