Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Online uncredited flight mileage claim possible with OZ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM

Is it possible for me to claim OZ miles for some UA flights flown after the trip is completed online? UA, AC, and NH all allow online claims for uncredited Star alliance miles; is there any way of doing this with Asiana?

I am considering using Asiana for family members mileage earning because:
1) Family mileage pooling
2) 100% earning on United/Continental/US Ariways discount economy fares (ANA only credits 50%/70%)

I would prefer to be able to manage everything online and not have to keep boarding passes in case a flight doesn't credit automatically. Possible online or not?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
Is it possible for me to claim OZ miles for some UA flights flown after the trip is completed online? UA, AC, and NH all allow online claims for uncredited Star alliance miles; is there any way of doing this with Asiana?

2) 100% earning on United/Continental/US Ariways discount economy fares (ANA only credits 50%/70%)

I would prefer to be able to manage everything online and not have to keep boarding passes in case a flight doesn't credit automatically. Possible online or not?
Gotta mail the BPs and etickets. Can't be done online.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 8:16 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless

Thats a good one. OZ has the worst IT system on the planet. Most flights can't even be booked online. Never mind retro crediting of miles. You will have to snail mail your BP in, once you know people you might be able to E-Mail.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Note that at least here in the US, OZ is very quick to respond when mailing things in, in my experience. I typically get a response in 5-10 business days, and that includes time to mail it across the country. Meanwhile with my SK retro-registration, it usually takes 2-3 months to get a response.

I just have a form-letter on my computer and I fill in the specific flight numbers and toss in my boarding passes and mail it off. Takes me 2-3 minutes at most.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.