Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LAX
Which LAX-ICN-LAX flights have the new seats? I just redeemed a C award for my folk on OZ. Just curious because the dates are pretty set and we are unlikely to change into the new seats.

LAX
From the Asiana Website

http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...rchWrd=&page=1

sdcarver
Old Feb 15, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stupidhead
They should put these seats in throughout the fleet. The wedgie-flat seats are really behind the times.
Do we know if the total # of C seats decline as a result of the conversion?

I'm personally wondering about the 3 class birds to/from JFK (and my Nov trip of course). Since it has 2 mini-C cabins (2 rows each), I wonder how many they get in - can they go 2 rows of 2-2-2?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

I'm personally wondering about the 3 class birds to/from JFK (and my Nov trip of course). Since it has 2 mini-C cabins (2 rows each), I wonder how many they get in - can they go 2 rows of 2-2-2?
Yes; 35 in a 2 class 777 drops to 28.
And so you're right 2 times 2 cabins of 2-2-2 is it.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:18 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by sdcarver
Thanks. Is it safe to assume the schedule will be extended beyond March? Maybe there will be more flights with the new seats by May!

LAX
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
Not so sure. I'm flying SYD-ICN 19th March, then ICN-LAX 29th March (after the schedule on their website ends), and it looks like ICN-LAX will be on the old planes (dagnabbit >.<). I rang up to check, and the girl checked for me, and told me there's one on the 27th and 31st. So if they start ramping it up (which I assume they would do), it mightn't be until after the Easter break in May or something...
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: OnePass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by LAX
Which LAX-ICN-LAX flights have the new seats? I just redeemed a C award for my folk on OZ. Just curious because the dates are pretty set and we are unlikely to change into the new seats.

LAX
There's a schedule on their website, but if you call Asiana they can confirm whether you (your folks) are in the Quadra Smartium seats or the old ones.

I'm on Asiana 203 LAX-ICN at 12:30a on a Tuesday, which is the Quadra and so is Asiana 204 ICN-LAX at 8:20p on a Monday. (Barring any plane switches)

Asiana's website might be one of the worst I've ever seen - you would think that for a new product like the Quadra they'd have a more interactive link to promote it.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Question Any reason why they can't give seat assignments before check-in?

I am on an ICN-LAX flight in March that should have the new seats (and if not, I will be quite irate). However, I can't get advance seat assignments on-line or at the OZ ICN service desk.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: OnePass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by 1kBill
I am on an ICN-LAX flight in March that should have the new seats (and if not, I will be quite irate). However, I can't get advance seat assignments on-line or at the OZ ICN service desk.
I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't in the new seats (presuming they're as good as the pictures).

I'm flying on a *A award seat and I was able to get advance seat assignments, but I wasn't able to do it online, I had to call the Asiana customer service number. If a seat is issued by a *A airline other than Asiana, you can't reserve a seat online even if you have the Asiana PNR. I'm continuing on Singapore Air, and was able to do almost everything online with the Singapore PNR. Asiana is technologically backwards.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by LineOver
I'm flying on a *A award seat and I was able to get advance seat assignments, but I wasn't able to do it online, I had to call the Asiana customer service number. If a seat is issued by a *A airline other than Asiana, you can't reserve a seat online even if you have the Asiana PNR. I'm continuing on Singapore Air, and was able to do almost everything online with the Singapore PNR. Asiana is technologically backwards.
I just redeemed an award through CO on OZ. You can select seats online, but you have to sign up for Asiana's frequent flyer program first. Then you can then use your OZ PNR and frequent flyer number to log-in. I was able to select seats without any problem. It looks like there's no way to do it online without signing up for their program though.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC

They should be able to get 16 into the existing cabin area. And on the 2-class, 35 seats go to 24, not 28. They could put 24 seats on the 3-class if they removed 4 rows of economy and 20 if they removed 2 rows of economy.

Such a crying shame Asiana doesn't have a flatbed in business on ICN-NYC, given that Korean, ANA (via NRT), and Unitinental (via NRT or SFO, at least in 2120 when they finish the 777 reconfiguration) all do.

Last edited by stupidhead; Feb 18, 2011 at 10:14 pm
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
OZ Quadra Smartium - 7x weekly to LAX starting in May?

Found this article (apologies it's in Korean only).
http://www.koreatimes.com/article/640612

According to a combination of various translations of the webpage to English, it appears that the third paragraph states that the Quadra Smartium will fly to LAX from 3x weekly to 7x weekly (evening flights) beginning in May.

Not sure if anyone here can read Korean, but it would be great to have confirmation.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by airlineaddict

According to a combination of various translations of the webpage to English, it appears that the third paragraph states that the Quadra Smartium will fly to LAX from 3x weekly to 7x weekly (evening flights) beginning in May.

Not sure if anyone here can read Korean, but it would be great to have confirmation.
That's what it says.

I love how they're like "OMG people love these seats so much J is always full". Well.....24 seats is ALWAYS easier to fill than 28, 32, or 35.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Gold
I found this article in the Australian Business Traveller website:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/asiana-s-bus...eoul-next-year

According to this article, the quadra smartium seats will be extended to London, Paris, New York, and Sydney by the end of 2011. Assuming they are correct with their information, it looks like OZ is going to be doing the refit of several of their 772s in 2011. I guess they'd pretty much have to do them fairly quickly if they're going daily with the refit planes to SFO and LAX this summer, plus adding those other routes (though I guess they may start the other routes without daily quadra smartium service).
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:42 am

Thanks for the link, and you got it translated correctly. At this point I can confirm that 7x SFO route will have Quadra seat for sure. LAX still shows 3x only, but I assume it will be updated soon.

That will leave all other routes consistently have non-AVOD and non-Quadra 777: SYD,CDG,LHR,ORD, and IST, as long as they don't refurbish anymore. Asiana will not add any more 777 this year (2011). So that's all.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Found this article ...

Great find, airlineaddict. Thanks! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.