Wiki Posts
Search

Nice surprise ORD To ICN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Nice surprise ORD To ICN

Flew ORD to ICN leaving ORD early am on sept 11 and was pleasantly surprised by the plan substitution which included the new business class seating. Great product, love the 180 degree flat seats and lots of room, I've flow AC international business many times and this was at least on par with the AC hard product. Service and meals were outstanding.

Hoping this is an indication of a new upgraded plane coming into service on that route so I get the new seats on the return flight at the beginning of October.

Great job OZ!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Do you know the registration number of the aircraft? My guess is HL7742.

I've been following the aircraft on this flight for a couple of weeks (as I am taking it next Thursday).

But, if it follows true to the pattern, I will be on HL7700.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 2:49 pm

I forgot to ask, how does to food and service compare to AC ??
Old Sep 11, 2010, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Sorry I didn't check the tail number of the plane. Service was above AC, with AC there are normally 2 or 3 FA for business class! On my OZ flight last night there were a minimum of 6 for business class during meal service, and there may have been more. Food quality was similar to AC but attentiveness of crew was better on OZ.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by cheltzel

I've been following the aircraft on this flight for a couple of weeks (as I am taking it next Thursday).

There is only one aircraft have new C, which is HL7756, and I had confirmed real time it is indeed HL7756 operate on 9/11.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold

It looks like (according to the attached database) that it was HL7756

http://www.libhomeradar.org/database...92044197&qid=0

sdcarver
Old Sep 11, 2010, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by sdcarver
It looks like (according to the attached database) that it was HL7756

http://www.libhomeradar.org/database...92044197&qid=0

sdcarver
I wasn't looking at OZ236 on libhomeradar, just OZ235. I should have looked at that.

I assumed the equipment was based on the day of the week as HL7742 was on OZ235 the previous Saturday.

http://www.libhomeradar.org/database...4268728&page=0
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assumed the equipment was based on the day of the week as HL7742 was on OZ235 the previous Saturday.
In the past when this route is operated by 3 class, it can predict what it is going to be, as OZ doesn't have that many of 3 class planes. But now it is only run by 2 class, hard to know as there are 9 of them, and it can swap easily last minute.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
In the past when this route is operated by 3 class, it can predict what it is going to be, as OZ doesn't have that many of 3 class planes. But now it is only run by 2 class, hard to know as there are 9 of them, and it can swap easily last minute.
They seem to be using HL7732 and HL7700 exclusively ... or at least that seems to be the pattern for the last few weeks.

According to what I've seen on libhomeradar, OZ235/OZ236 has been operated with either HL770 or HL7732 with the following exceptions:

8/29 - HL7597
9/4 - HL7742
9/11 - HL7756

This is since 8/1

There were 2 exceptions to this pattern in July as well.

I don't mean that this guarantees that I will be flying on one of HL7700 or HL7732 next Thursday. It just seems likely.

If course OZ ops may substitute another 772 for one of the two. I am just hoping for one with AVOD. If HL7756 were used it may be a problem as the business section is totally sold out Thursday. I haven't seen a seat map of the new configuration, but I thought there were fewer business seats.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
They seem to be using HL7732 and HL7700 exclusively ... or at least that seems to be the pattern for the last few weeks.

According to what I've seen on libhomeradar, OZ235/OZ236 has been operated with either HL770 or HL7732 with the following exceptions:

8/29 - HL7597
9/4 - HL7742
9/11 - HL7756

This is since 8/1

There were 2 exceptions to this pattern in July as well.

I don't mean that this guarantees that I will be flying on one of HL7700 or HL7732 next Thursday. It just seems likely.

If course OZ ops may substitute another 772 for one of the two. I am just hoping for one with AVOD. If HL7756 were used it may be a problem as the business section is totally sold out Thursday. I haven't seen a seat map of the new configuration, but I thought there were fewer business seats.
From what I understand the New Business Class has only 4 rows of seats--compared to 5 rows for older version, so 7 less seats than the older version.

sdcarver
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:54 am

According to what I've seen on libhomeradar, OZ235/OZ236 has been operated with either HL770 or HL7732

It's sad that ORD route is stuck with non-AVOD versions (7700 and 7732). These non-AVOD has 28 business class, and HL7756 has 24. AVOD versions have 32 seats.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
It's sad that ORD route is stuck with non-AVOD versions (7700 and 7732). These non-AVOD has 28 business class, and HL7756 has 24. AVOD versions have 32 seats.
Since it is a red eye, the lack of AVOD may not be too important. If this were an award flight (with Mrs cheltzel), I'd really be in trouble

Last edited by cheltzel; Sep 12, 2010 at 12:02 pm Reason: fix spelling
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since it is a red eye, the lack of AVOD may not be too important. If this were an award flight (with Mrs cheltzel), I'd really be in trouble
If it is then go with UA, guranteed AVOD plus horizontal flat seats in C for ORD-NRT, rather with OZ non-AVOD and angle seats.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
I forgot to ask, how does to food and service compare to AC ??
Recently flew ORD-ICN on old biz class seats AC seats are excellent and AVOD is really better than the product OZ has on those non Smartium seats. Food quality was very good and I have to agree with others that service on OZ is great.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:48 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Global guy
Recently flew ORD-ICN on old biz class seats AC seats are excellent and AVOD is really better than the product OZ has on those non Smartium seats. Food quality was very good and I have to agree with others that service on OZ is great.
At least you had AVOD, you could have been on some of the flights with just PTV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.