Wiki Posts
Search

Review: Incheon Airport Town Hotel Queen

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Review: Incheon Airport Town Hotel Queen

On a recent trip to I had an overnight in Seoul.
Instead of fighting traffic into Seoul I chose to not repeat my former mistak and after an evening arrival went with the Incheon Airport Town Hotel Queen.

Evening arrival with a check-in around 20:30. Booked the business package for the equiv of $100USD. Booked online. Confirmation email was speedy. Yes, a little expensive I know, but half the price of the Hyatt and Best Western! Included shuttle pickup and hourly shuttle pack to the airport in the AM.

It was a pretty standard Asian business hotel except the the room was huge. 2 Queens. Clean Sheets. Clean bath and toliet. The staff tried very hard.

Convenient Store was just a few steps away as was the hotel June. Didn't look much different. It was cold and dead that night in town. Thu busiest spot was a BBQ joint that was packed. Wal down to the main drag. Turn left at the convenient store. I believe it is your first left again. The restaurant is on your left a ffew doors down what I remembers seemed like a pedestrian zone.

I'd return to the hotel and I'd return to the BBQ restaurant as well.

3 Beers and Ribeye USD $30.

Cheers,

Scho
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
thanks for the review^ I've put this info in my Seoul notes for future reference.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
n June me the wife and kids did our last night in Korea that this property. I had a morning flight and it took the stress out of the last day.

We booked a large room with a sitting area (we booked a family package). After two weeks of small rooms this in its self was very nice. Our room had a computer with free internet.

The area has a lot of Korean food choices. For western you’re kind of limited to the convenience store and Dominoes pizza. English is not common but if you’re willing to work around that you can eat quite well. Several chicken wing shops, BBQ joints as well as seafood restaurants. When we were there the weather was nice so the alley behind the hotel filled up with BBQ venders. The restaurants basically moved outside. Choices ranged from the best part of the pig and cow to the stuff that would make a good Andrew Zimmerman video.

Close by is a Lotte mart, in case you want to pick up some Korean house wares. They also have a few cheap food stalls (cheap eats). The Unseo train station is also close by.

They do offer a DAY USE , TRANSIT PACKAGE from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, at a reduced rate. Great to take a shower, nap and check email.

http://www.incheonairporthotel.net/en/index.html

Last edited by powerplantop; Dec 24, 2008 at 7:17 am
Old Dec 24, 2008, 12:47 pm

Thanks for the info - very helpful.

Are there regular scheduled shuttle bus or do you have to call and wait?
How long is the shuttle bus ride? Quicker by subway/train?
Old Dec 25, 2008, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Originally Posted by dtsm
Thanks for the info - very helpful.

Are there regular scheduled shuttle bus or do you have to call and wait?
How long is the shuttle bus ride? Quicker by subway/train?
They have a few scheduled runs but expect to call. The ride is only about 10 min.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Its a "call" for arrival service. They say will be there in 10 min and they should be within 10. Maybe a 6-7 min drive.

Then hourly shuttles returning to the airport.

Free In-room internet. No password just plug in the cable into your laptop is what they told me.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: DL
Any reviews from '09? Flying into Seoul in February, and need to spend a night at the airport (transportation is the next day; cheaper flights). This seems to be the best value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.