Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

KUL - How much time required in transit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club

I'm arriving in KUL en route to PEN (Flying Malaysian the whole way) and have 1 hour 40 minutes between arrival and departure.

Likewise on the return from PEN I have 1 hour 20 minutes before my connection to BNE

Coming from Australia, will I need to clear customs in KUL or will this all be done in PEN? Will I have enough time in KUL to transit through, or should I talk to the TA about giving me an extra hour?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 4:57 am

Programs: NW,SQ
Ok...
If you are flying all the way on MH and I suppose you will be issued a thru-check boarding pass then you don't have to clear customs in KUL.
PEN is also an international airport with immigration and customs facilities.
Minimum connecting time to transfer will be 1hour.

Unless- your layover time in KUL is more than the time you said then I think you will need to clear in KUL. And of course if you are travelling on an LCC.

The connecting times on your reservation are sufficient.
And when you check in with MH at BNE, I am sure the airport staff will brief you on your itinerary.

All the same you have a good journey.

BTW, been to PEN?

Cheers!
Old Dec 23, 2007, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kismaibat
BTW, been to PEN?
Nope this will be my first time. My parents have been though and have been raving about it for the last five years so my wife and I (she'll have been my wife for ~25 hours when we arrive) are checking it out on our Honeymoon!
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:49 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by dannyr
my wife and I (she'll have been my wife for ~25 hours when we arrive) are checking it out on our Honeymoon!
Congratulations and like the "oldies" you will love penang, and around batu ferringhi if you are down that way is beautiful. There's a night market and if you get really game try the night diner just up from Golden sands. As you walk in there's a satay seller on the left who makes brilliant satay sticks order a dozen, next to him we order a wonderful nasi goreng, a girl comes around and we order two huge FRESH juices to start us off, and we usually finish with a plate of barbeque prawns and squid. We have a couple of very cold beers, and we love the sticky rice desserts (very sweet). Finally a woman comes around and adds up what you have had. Some nights we have been there for hours, and can hardly move and we ask how much and it works out to $20A.

Don't catch a cab from the hotel, walk across to the cab stand. It's a lovely time of the year now, Penang is our favourite getaway, if you are staying at the Golden sands make sure your room is not next to the mosque as they start singing at 4.30am, and if you are looking forward to bacon and eggs, start retraining your palate to accept turkey bacon. merry christmas regards bkkrop
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Sounds great. We're staying at the Bayview Beach, which I'm told is a little bit more out of the tourist strip but still within walking distance of everything in Batu Ferringhi. Thanks for the tip about the Golden Sands. Will have to check that out!
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:50 am

Programs: NW,SQ
Loved PEN.. loved the food.. only irritated by the cabbies who refuse to on their meters and quote their own fares...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.