Direct Flight US-Taipei

Subscribe
I cannot seem to find any direct flights from NYC-TPE.
Anyone here know of any direct flights from the US east coast to Taipei?
Thanks!
There are no non-stop service from US East Coast.

Current US schedule includes:
LAX by CI, BR, MH, SQ
SFO by BR, CI
SEA by BR
ANC by CI (and cargo by FX, 5X, WO), with CI continuing to NYC

'Direct' flight are UA881/882 (TPE-NRT-ORD) and CI 11/12 (TPE-ANC-JFK),
Quote: ANC by CI (and cargo by FX, 5X, WO)
i believe this is more direct since its just a fuel stop.
Thanks rufflesinc for correction.

bikemaninasia, are you sure it's fastest via BKK?
Seems like the fastest is EWR(CO88)HKG(BR858)TPE(EG202)NRT(CO8)EWR, with 18:40 westbound and 16:30 eastbound.
There is still the unanswered question of what BR intends to do with the 777-200LR's they ordered. Rumors abound, facts are scarce. EWR-TPE nonstop would be one possibility. Convert all the orders to cargo models or 300ER's would be another.

I 'think' allot of the issue NYC-TPE would be that airlines would prefer to just avoid the politics of the most direct route. A fuel stop in SEA or ANC makes financial sense because they can transport more valuable cargo and political sense because it avoids discussing any overflight issues.
Of all these options, which has the best Business and First class?
Thanks everyone!!
UA will start a direct from SFO to TPE in April.

Quote: There are no non-stop service from US East Coast.

Current US schedule includes:
LAX by CI, BR, MH, SQ
SFO by BR, CI
SEA by BR
ANC by CI (and cargo by FX, 5X, WO), with CI continuing to NYC

'Direct' flight are UA881/882 (TPE-NRT-ORD) and CI 11/12 (TPE-ANC-JFK),
Quote: UA will start a direct from SFO to TPE in April.
I believe it has been pushed out to June. I called UA the other day and the CSR couldn't find direct SFO-TPE in April.
Quote: I believe it has been pushed out to June. I called UA the other day and the CSR couldn't find direct SFO-TPE in April.
....Interesting: because there were rumors (only speculation so far as I know, but if we can't spread rumors what fun is this site?) that the recently-announced IAD-PEK route might leave UA without enough planes, specifically 744s, for reviving the TPE-SFO route. It doesn't make much difference for getting to the East coast (assuming a stop anyway), but a direct flight would certainly cut off a few hours in getting to the West coast.