where to go in se asia by myself?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

where to go in se asia by myself?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I've spent many days in Bali alone and its quite pleasurable.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:05 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Trouble is, this democracy thing is not working very well. Too many people voting for the wrong place.

Think its time to adopt a Saigon system of democracy. I remember the election in 2001 when Vietnam News said (in somewhat "measured" language)

"Ho Chi Minh City: Turnout was 100% (more than in most other democratic countries)."

The Communist party won.... I liked the use of the word "most"..
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:09 pm

Programs: United 1K & Hilton Honors
Try Borneo

I visit SIN often and use it for a "jumpimg off point" for SE Asia. I recently flew from SIN to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, in the State of Sabah, on the Island of Borneo. Silkair flys there from SIN and it's about a 2 hr flight. The OP said no islands, but Borneo is the 3rd largest Island in the world--there's lots to do. KK is a much more developed city than I believed before visiting. There are teriffic seafood restaurants along with some very nice hotels. Beaching, diving, mountain hiking, wildlife, etc. are all easily available and quite reasonable. I highly recommend the new Le Meredien Hotel in KK--great location and very nice rooms. If you can get lounge access, it's a home run.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:24 pm

I did the kota kinabalu trip last year (but i had previously done bali).

It was cheaper --- by a lot-- to fly there from Johor bahru to KK than from singapore to KK and Johor is just over the causeway from singapore. from johor there are air asia flights to kk
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Taiwan, but get out of Taipei. I like Taroko Gorge and Khaosiung.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 7:34 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Keep in mind to get back from DPS there's cheapish flights available on Jetstar - www.jetstar.com - especially worthwhile if it's just a one way flight you require. Qantas has pretty cheap flights return out of SIN too, but the one way prices aren't as appealing. Jetstar flies their Valuair planes on the DPS route, so there's decent legroom and an almost edible meal included in the price .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.