Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apec Summit and tourist visas to Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Apec Summit and tourist visas to Vietnam

I live in Jakarta and cannot get a tourist visa to Vietnam from October 15-Nov 30 due to the Apec Summit. The Vietnamese embassy here will not issue visas, although friends in the US and England were issued visas with no problems last week for the same time period.

Could anybody suggest a reputable travel agent in Hanoi who could assist me in getting a visa on arrival? I am in a bit of a time pinch as I am supposed to go on Oct 21!

I don't think I can use a type D visa during this time period.

Thanks for any help!
Old Oct 14, 2006, 7:27 am

D'oh, can't believe they're doing this again -- I got caught out by the same thing a few years back when they had the summit in Hanoi. At that time, the Bangkok embassy refused to issue visas but the Sing embassy had no problems handing them out, so that's one last-resort option. I believe they can do a super-express visa in a single day.

Alternatively, if you're going there on business, can you get whoever you're meeting to sponsor you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.