Search

Majestic Grande Hotel in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Majestic Grande Hotel in Bangkok

Does anyone have experience with this property? Majestic Grande

It looks nice enough, Sukhumvit location, and includes breakfast, for 2990 THB. Has anyone stayed there?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 3:10 am

Programs: *G and whatever else I can match to....
I stayed there in late December/early January. I was not terribly impressed - it was fine, but not fantastic.

We had a standard room (or whatever it's called) and it was definitely on the small side - which isn't really necessary in BKK. The breakfast was fine, but (again) not fantastic. Service was a little patchy, but this was right around New Years and they were slammed with a lot of guests; so YMMV. The decor is sort of "modern Thai", though not as nicely done as some other places.

I haven't stayed at the Davis, but I think the price is roughly the same; and I'd try there before going back to the Majestic Grande.

I hope this helps.

Michael
Old Aug 30, 2006, 3:17 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Stayed there last Jan. for 1 night..Stayed in an upgraded room I think it wa about 3500BHT all in thru a local agent..Room was 40 sqm. and quiet..The standard rooms are bit weak and tend to be noisier.Ok Break. but nothing special .Stayed only 1 night..got in early 10am achecked out the next day 2pm.. Decent location.. Think JW marriott
Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:12 am

It’s not my favorite either.

We’ve stayed there with the kids last November and during that time, guests were mainly families / couples from the Middle East + South Asia plus single Caucasian males frequenting the nearby bars. Not belonging to one of those groups, we felt a bit out of place.

Location is not perfect. The soi is rather quiet so it’s not always easy to find a taxi in front of the hotel. To catch the Skytrain, you have to walk to Sukhumvit first and then to either Nana or Ploenchit station – at least 10 minutes.

The hotel itself is in excellent shape and service is good. I would suggest you have a look at the new Holiday Inn Bangkok which is in the same price range but at a much better location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.