10 hours in HAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 hours in HAN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2006, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
10 hours in HAN

Hi all
My wife will have to spend 10 hours at HAN in a few days, arriving at 14.10 and departing at 00.50. Is there anything to do at the airport? Can tours be arranged to visit the city? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
anyone?
Old Jul 13, 2006, 8:03 pm

I've only been there once, but I'd be very surprised if there was an interesting way to kill 10 hours in HAN airport. You should make the trip into town. Unlike SGN it's a bit of a ride, but you still have plenty of time to grab a bite to eat and see a few sights.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
Talking Fun in Hanoi

I would recommend heading into Hanoi. The Water Puppet Theater is wonderful! Take a look at this link: http://www.globosapiens.net/travel-i...Hanoi-958.html

A stroll along Hoam Kiem lake is a nice way to relax, before or after the show. Dinner at Hoa Sua Training Restaurant. French cusine, prepared and served by street kids being trained in the restaurant business. The chocolate mousse is the best I have ever had. They also operate a bakery, but I haven't been there.

If you are transitting through Viet Nam/Hanoi, you made need a visa to leave the airport - does anyone know?

Kate
Old Jul 14, 2006, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kykate
If you are transitting through Viet Nam/Hanoi, you made need a visa to leave the airport - does anyone know?
According to Timatik, you do need a visa, hence the question on tours from the airport - in some countries you might be able to arrange these without a transit visa, leaving your passpot with the agency or immigration.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by apoivre
According to Timatik, you do need a visa, hence the question on tours from the airport - in some countries you might be able to arrange these without a transit visa, leaving your passpot with the agency or immigration.
Vietnam has a very active government tourist bureau - www.vietnamtourism.com
Perhaps they could arrange a tour for you?
Enjoy!
Kate
Old Jul 14, 2006, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

The 10 hours in questions were in fact earlier today. My wife should be on her way home now but thanks anyway, everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.