Search

Day trip during layover in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2006, 8:00 pm
das
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Day trip during layover in BKK

I'll be in transit in BKK from 9am to 5pm (need to get back to the airport at say 3pm) and am not really interested in going into Bangkok because I've been there twice before, and have seen the highlights. Instead I'd prefer to take a guided trip to explore somewhere interesting outside the city - Ayuthaya caught my eye as an interesting option, but I'd also be up for a hiking trip in the jungle.

Given the low prices in Thailand, I think I'd prefer to go with a private guide. Any tips on a good guide (or agency) to book with, and a trip that will be interesting, yet under 5 1/2 hours? I'm not particularly interested in shopping.

BTW for those of you curious why I can't check luggage thru, it's because I have separate tickets with different baggage allowances (3pc vs. 30kg), so I'll need to claim my luggage, store some at the airport, and store some with the guide for rechecking.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.