Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

NRT - BKK on UA/NW: How to keep baggage before hotel check-in?

Old May 29, 2006, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond

NRT - BKK on UA/NW arrives at around 11PM and after clearing immigration and baggage, should be lucky to get out before 12PM.

I don't want to spend money on hotel for the night, so considering check-in in the morning.

Don't mind spending the rest of the night at bars or clubs but got some large sizes baggages with me. Is there any locker around downtown that I could put large sizes baggages?

Do you think I could ask the hotel to keep my belongings before check-in?
Old May 29, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
NRT - BKK on UA/NW arrives at around 11PM and after clearing immigration and baggage, should be lucky to get out before 12PM.

I don't want to spend money on hotel for the night, so considering check-in in the morning.

Don't mind spending the rest of the night at bars or clubs but got some large sizes baggages with me. Is there any locker around downtown that I could put large sizes baggages?

Do you think I could ask the hotel to keep my belongings before check-in?
Good hotels will do this - many people ship luggage ahead of arrival by FedEx.
Old May 29, 2006, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by grumbler
Good hotels will do this - many people ship luggage ahead of arrival by FedEx.
As I am on a non-business trip, the FedEx shipping fee from NRT will be a significant burden.

I am wondering whether there is any forwarder at BKK to send the baggage to the hotel. Even if there is one at the airport, is it open 24/7 as it will be very late at night.

Keep my fingers cross on the hotel. Will email hotel today.
Old May 30, 2006, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe just drop your bags off at the hotel, and then check in later. Or get a room at a short-time hotel, 350 - 500 baht, for 00:00 - 08:00?
Old May 30, 2006, 7:55 am

Beware that, thanks to Thaksin's moral order crusade, all bars, clubs and restaurants in Bangkok close by 2 AM. Naturally there are some illegal afterhours clubs and the like, but they're pretty dodgy. Incredible, isn't it, that these days you have to go to formerly straight-laced Singapore to party all night

I second the advice to get some cheap hotel for the night.
Old May 30, 2006, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Naturally there are some illegal afterhours clubs and the like, but they're pretty dodgy.
Some? Hundreds, and most not so dodgy. Plenty of places to eat as well. The all night party in Bangkok still eclipses anything Singapore has to offer.
Old May 31, 2006, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by transpac
Some? Hundreds, and most not so dodgy. Plenty of places to eat as well. The all night party in Bangkok still eclipses anything Singapore has to offer.
Can I ask for a few examples? These days all the farang-oriented places -- Bed, Q Bar, Narcissus, Lucifer, everything in Silom soi 2/4, all the gogos in Patpong/Nana/Cowboy, every hotel bar including Dome and Vertigo -- close by 2 AM, and many like Mystique and Ministry of Sound/Double-O have closed entirely. Even Thai-oriented places like RCA shut their doors by 2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.