Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how are visa days counted?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pgrin
You can apply for an extension of stay in Thialand. You will recieve 10 extra days for 1900 baht. Go to the Thai immigration office in Bangkok or whatever town you are in. You will need 1 passport size photo.
Yes, you can apply for a one-time extension of stay, for up to 10 days, on a 30 day entry stamp. (I was wrong previously when I stated that I thought that this could not be done.) So yes, the OP could spend the better of one day dealing with Thai Immirgation officials, and pay twice what a 60 day visa would cost, which would cover the one-day overstay. However it would not address my primary concern, that being not having a valid visa for entry in the first place. I still suggest it is adviseable to obtain a valid visa even though the potential problems (denied boarding, denied entry, 500 baht fine) are miniscule at best.

LIST OF COUNTRIES ALLOWED A “30-DAY STAY IN THAILAND WITHOUT A VISA”
FOR TOURISM (pleasure) ONLY

Requirements :
- A valid passport (6-month validity with empty visa pages)
- A proof of confirmed air tickets showing 30 days or less in Thailand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.