Search

sightseeing in Phnom Penh

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
sightseeing in Phnom Penh

I plan to spend very little time in Phnom as I will be arriving at 1-2P and then leaving the next morning. Would I have enough time to have a city tour and see the killing fields and genocide museum? What time does everything close there?
Old May 24, 2006, 6:17 am

Programs: *G and whatever else I can match to....
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I plan to spend very little time in Phnom as I will be arriving at 1-2P and then leaving the next morning. Would I have enough time to have a city tour and see the killing fields and genocide museum? What time does everything close there?
Most tourist sites close around 5 pm. The Royal Palace and National Museum are not exceptional, IMO. I would say that you're best off doing just the genocide museum, and then, depending on energy/desire, going to the killing fields, the Royal Palace, or just walking along the riverfront. (It also depends on what day of the week you'll be here: the riverfront is much more lively on Sundays, for example).

Enjoy your trip,
Michael
Old Jul 3, 2006, 7:24 am

Programs: CX Silver
Michael knows more about Phnom Penh than I do, but I agree that the Killing Fields and the genocide museum are too much to get done in the 3 or 4 hours you'll have available.

Although the memorial stupa at the killing fields is impressive, the genocide museum was more "real" for me, and much more, well, "enjoyable" isn't the right word....maybe "memorable" to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.