Search

Four hours in Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BOS - UA 2P, SPG Plat
Four hours in Shanghai

Hi everyone,

My wife and I will have four hours in Shanghai to tour the city. I know it's quite short, but does anyone have any suggested itineraries and/or places to eat? We like doing walking tours and eating local food.

This is my first time to go to Shanghai. I'll also check out the tripadvisor forums...

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2006, 9:04 pm

If you are arriving at the wrong time immigration will take very long. I once was stuck there about 2h. Then you have to go to the city which takes about 45 min on good traffic conditions. The same for going back, for me better stay at the airport do shopping there or relax in one of the Lounges.
Old May 9, 2006, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you mean 4 hours in the city (as opposed to a 4 hour flight gap) then a walking tour of the Bund will do you nicely. The Lonely Planet guide to Shanghai has two Bund walks (one on the waterfront, one on the back streets) that will do nicely.

If you have only 4 hours between flights, then you a bit stuck. Assuming you come into PVG, you must take the Maglev train - 431 km/h, by far the fastest mode of transport on the planet - into Pudong. You can then take the metro four stops to Lujiazui, take Exit 5 (and ONLY Exit 5) and you have a five minute walk to the Grand Hyatt, China's tallest building, where you can eat and drink in luxury before doing the return trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.