Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with *alliance award ticket and Asiana

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2006, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Problem with *alliance award ticket and Asiana

Was travelling IAD-SFO-ICN-HAN on award. UA to SFO and SQ to ICN and Asiana to HAN- ( I had less than 1 1/2 hours connection time)I checked in at IAD and was issued boarding passes for the UA and SQ segments and was told I would have to check in for the ICN-HAN segment later on. My flight from IAD had an equip substitution to a plane that needed a gate at the intl terminal- this arrival gate change resulted in some extra time to get settled and I disembarked at a gate adjacent to the gate I needed fro the SQ flight- so no chance to get a boarding pass. When I arrived in ICN the SQ gate agent sent me to the gate for check in- it was a 10 minute + plus fast walk after which I was told I had to go to a certain kiosk to check in on Asiana. Within the transfer area the only kiosk which could indeed check me in was way past the place where I started- I literally had to run to the kiosk and I was checked in and asked for a mobile cart to take me back since there was very liitle time and was told I should just hurry- As I was running thru the airport I past the Asiana mobile cart and asked for a lift to the gate- the driver was rude and told me it was only for handicapped travellers-( which I was in danger of becoming if I ran any faster) He refused to take me- long story short-- I boarded at the last possible moment- very winded. The flight staff was wonderful but the logistics once again with the * Alliance tickets still leave a lot to be desired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.