Search

Reasonable Hotel in Guangzhou???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:04 pm
wma
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Reasonable Hotel in Guangzhou???

Looking for a reasonable hotel in Guangzhou. Last time I was there stayed at the Marriott and it was one of the worst Marriott, I've stayed in. Currently have a reservation at the Ramada. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Guangzhou is a crap hole. It's unlikely any of the hotels are decent.
I was in a 5 STAR hospital a few weeks ago and it was beyond obscene, think chicken bus in Mexico standards.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 9:51 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Uhh, I like the White Swan. About the only complaint I have about it is that the pool can be freezing.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:45 pm

If you want to travel in April, consider the inflated prices because of the Guangzhou trade fair (mid to end of April). You could consider to stay in one of the smaller cities arround and commute.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
White Swan is best - good position on Shaiman Island - rooms not big but certainly good service and great breakfast if you can get a B&B rate. Pool is not heated, reasonable gym. Rooms either have Pearl river or city view (assuming you can see through the smog...)
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are coming for business and plan to arrive on the train from Hong Kong I'd choose the Tianlun Hotel which is right next to the train station and 5 star. Rates can be about 700-800 RMB including breakfast. Its close to the major business areas and right next to the subway station so you can get around town.

The White Swan is OK but its kind of isolated if your in GZ on business. If you're there for vacation (first I'd have to ask why?) I'd recommend staying there as the Shamian island is much quieter than the rest of GZ.

Another good business hotel is the Garden Hotel which is also 5 star and located downtown.

Which Ramada have you booked...I know there is one by the river, but I have seen a new one that looks just about ready to open right near the east train station...if thats the one you have booked, it might not be a bad choice, at least it will be new!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by wma
Looking for a reasonable hotel in Guangzhou. Last time I was there stayed at the Marriott and it was one of the worst Marriott, I've stayed in. Currently have a reservation at the Ramada. Any suggestions?
Try the the China Hotel, it also has an excellent restaurant.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffred98114
Try the the China Hotel, it also has an excellent restaurant.
The China Hotel is the Marriott property in Guangzhou. I don't think its that bad but the original poster didn't like it.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:45 am

Programs: AM
highly recommanded.

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
If you are coming for business and plan to arrive on the train from Hong Kong I'd choose the Tianlun Hotel which is right next to the train station and 5 star. Rates can be about 700-800 RMB including breakfast. Its close to the major business areas and right next to the subway station so you can get around town.

The White Swan is OK but its kind of isolated if your in GZ on business. If you're there for vacation (first I'd have to ask why?) I'd recommend staying there as the Shamian island is much quieter than the rest of GZ.

Another good business hotel is the Garden Hotel which is also 5 star and located downtown.

Which Ramada have you booked...I know there is one by the river, but I have seen a new one that looks just about ready to open right near the east train station...if thats the one you have booked, it might not be a bad choice, at least it will be new!
Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:46 am

Programs: AM
TianLun i mean.....
Old Apr 13, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
I'll second the White Swan. It's a little oasis unto itself, set away from the chaos, er, hustle and bustle of the main streets. It's nice to get away too since a few hours in the main areas of GZ can be a bit taxing to the senses...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.