Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Advice for tour of Kanchanaburi (River Kwai)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for tour of Kanchanaburi (River Kwai)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Question Advice for tour of Kanchanaburi (River Kwai)

Using BKK as a jumping off point, I would like to visit the Bridge over the River Kwai and the surrounding WWII museums. Can anyone recommend a reputable one-day tour?

Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:39 am
In Memoriam

Bridge over....

Try asiatravel.com click on Thailand Bkk Tours you will find a day tour to the bridge and surrounds. Also try a search Bkk day tours(google). I have used asiatravel in the past and they have delivered consistantly.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I too have used Asiatravel with good results. You might consider one of the 2 nite packages staying at the Resotel. It will be a very long one day tour. Be prepared for an emotional shock on touring the museums.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 8:06 am

I'm not sure a tour is really warranted, the info here should be sufficient to get around and see the (relatively few) sights. The River Kwai Hotel is perfectly OK, although nothing exciting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.