Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Summer Time Weather?

Summer Time Weather?

Old Dec 3, 2005, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Summer Time Weather?

How would one rate summer's in Tokyo, Beijing, Shaghai, and Hong Kong?
I am planning my trip to Asia in the begining of June.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bhd87
How would one rate summer's in Tokyo, Beijing, Shaghai, and Hong Kong?
I am planning my trip to Asia in the begining of June.
from most to least pleasent:

beijing (dry heat)
tokyo
shanghai
hk
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Moondog, how "unpleasant" is HK during this time? How pleasaent is Beijing during this time? Overall, will these cities be "too" hot?

Is this a bad time to travel there?
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:26 pm

I think June is a good month to hit those cities, but I would plan on wearing light clothing and and finding a hotel with a nice swimming pool in HK.

Moondog, how "unpleasant" is HK during this time? How pleasaent is Beijing during this time? Overall, will these cities be "too" hot?

Is this a bad time to travel there?
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Just stay indoors in Hong Kong during the summer. Most of the public transportation are A/C'ed except the Hong Kong tramway, certain ferries a few buses. So, no problem going from mall-to-mall or hotel-to-restaurant-to-mall-to-hotel. Just don't stay outdoors (except at the pool).
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Niiiice. Im excited. So it isnt like "too" hot were we will be sweating all the time, and not wanitng to leave and go out, right?
\

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:45 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Isn't June the start of the Monsoon season in Hong Kong, where the humidity is in the 90% "range?"

If that's the case, I suggest bringing extra socks and rain gear.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:13 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Niiiice. Im excited. So it isnt like "too" hot were we will be sweating all the time, and not wanitng to leave and go out, right?
If you are including Tokyo, be aware that June is the start of the monsoon and is the rainy season in Japan. Be prepared for wet days.

JR
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:17 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
HKG is one of my favorite places on the planet. ^

I've never been to HKG in the summer as fall and spring are my favorite times to visit (and did one Dec/Jan visit that was OK). However when I was there this past early October it was very hot and humid. I was sweating up a storm just walking around; took 2-3 showers a day.

So just be aware that HKG can get as hot and steamy as BKK.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
HKG is one of my favorite places on the planet. ^

I've never been to HKG in the summer as fall and spring are my favorite times to visit (and did one Dec/Jan visit that was OK). However when I was there this past early October it was very hot and humid. I was sweating up a storm just walking around; took 2-3 showers a day.

So just be aware that HKG can get as hot and steamy as BKK.
I go to Hong Kong 6 or 7 times a year. By far the best weather is in November and December. Enjoy, it is one of the best places on this planet!!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:22 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by mikes4
I go to Hong Kong 6 or 7 times a year. By far the best weather is in November and December. Enjoy, it is one of the best places on this planet!!
Welcome to FT. (Well, sort of, looks like you're a long-time lurker.)

How is HK in late August? I have the option to take a stop-over on my way back from Bali. Will HK be bearable during that time? What about the Li River area of China?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by nnn
Welcome to FT. (Well, sort of, looks like you're a long-time lurker.)

How is HK in late August? I have the option to take a stop-over on my way back from Bali. Will HK be bearable during that time? What about the Li River area of China?
^
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Average high in Guilin is 90F in August, about the same as Hong Kong. But it's less humid and it's cooler at night.

Late August in Hong Kog is still very hot. Average high in Sept is 87F, just two degrees cooler than August.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
from most to least pleasent:

beijing (dry heat)
tokyo
shanghai
hk
I think the pollution/smog in China throughtout the year is worse then the heat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.