Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Summer Time To Canton from Phila

Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:30 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I plan to take my son back to my home town Canton in China to visit from Phila, Since Phila school will end at June 16, my niece will not end school around end of July. I plan to use the same air ticket from EWR to BBK and other Asia countries or Maui for two or three weeks.Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Firstly, nobody calls it Canton anymore - Guangzhou is the Chinese name.

Where is BBK? Do you mean Bangkok? If so then your best bet might be to fly on Cathay Pacific from JFK and then you can travel to Guangzhou by train or ferry. You can either get a simple JFK-BKK ticket which would allow a stopover in HKG on the return leg, or get a CX AllAsia Pass ( http://www.cathay-usa.com/offers/aap/subdefault.asp ) which enables you to hop around all the places in Asia that CX flies.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:15 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Where can I find the boat or Train information from Bangkok to Guangzhou ? Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:44 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
As christep mentioned before, you would want to take the train from Hong Kong rather than Bangkok. From Bangkok to Guangzhou the only real option is to fly - from the looks of it the airlines on this route are China Southern, THAI and surprisingly, Ethiopan Airlines - who have return flights for US$250, which isn't too shabby. As christep also mentioned, it's worth looking at the air passes available that might best meet your needs as well, to save you the additional costs of a side trip.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

op: you haven't told us whether or not you are interested in visiting only guangzhou, or if you also need to stop by bangkok, hong kong, and/or maui during the process.

if the latter, please repost with more details.

otherwise, i suggest you wait till 1 month (or maybe 6 weeks) before your trip and call around 6 travel agents, using both can and hkg as destinations, and preferably nyc as an origin, in addition to phl.

the rationale behind selecting multiple agents is to cover the whole spectrum of airlines that serve your desired market(s): e.g. nw, dl, cz, ca, tg, ac, ua, oz, ke, mu, jl, nh, ac (most of these serve hkg, but not can). in other words, look for chinese, japanese, and korean TAs (plus big outfits like gateway).
Old Dec 3, 2005, 8:34 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

My nephew will not in the summer vacation on mid July in Guangzhou. I want my son stay in Guangzhou until Labor day which the school begin. I plan to have cruise in the China. During June and the begining of the July, we will travel eastern asia. If at the time Cathay Pacific offer AllAsia Pass. That will be better. I think I need to call the agent three month before. Most of my friends get the tickest within three monthes. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.