Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok: Siam Niramit show

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2005, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Bangkok: Siam Niramit show

Has anyone been to the (relatively) new 'Siam Niramit' show at the Grand Rachada theatre in Bangkok?

The concierge at the Oriental recommended it but the website is just terrible and I wasn't able to find out much about it.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 6:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

You've intrigued me. I've never heard of it, either. Here is one website's take on it.

The show offers a live elephant, magical illusions, aerial performances, acrobatics, pyrotechnics, special effects, stunts, and literally a cast of thousands.

The Siam Niramit complex is located on an enormous plot of land in central Bangkok (opposite the Thailand Cultural Centre) and cost 1.5 billion baht to build – an enormous investment for a culturally themed entertainment. It houses model villages from Thailand’s main regions and offers restaurants that seat up to 800 guests. The cuisine the restaurants offer is so traditional, there is a good chance local Thai’s visiting Siam Niramit might not have tasted it before.

Tickets are 1,500 baht (excluding dinner).
Here's another site that has some good summary information. Entrance with dinner is 1700 baht, so a bargain over the admission alone.

So - has any FTer seen it??
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
I went to the Siam Niramit show last week.

Paid 1190 baht at Pineapple Travel which was the price for the show+dinner buffer minus the hotel transfer (I think that taking the MRT there is much faster)

MRT to Thailand Cultural Center station. At the exit there wss a free shuttle bus provided.

Good dinner buffet and after that strolled around the mock Thai village watching several craftspersons. We enjoyed feeding the elephants, taking a ride in a raft and looking at the shadow puppets on display.

Last edited by tide; Feb 26, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.