Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

TPE: 11 hour layover (overnight)... hotel options??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Hi All,

I just made a HUGE mistake and am now in a bit of a bind. I'm taking advantage of some cheap fares on UA for tickets that originate in Taiwan. My ticketed itinerary is such that I arrive TPE at 9:30PM on a Friday and then depart the next morning for HKG at 9:00AM. I have to stay overnight as there are no HKG departures after my UA flight arrives.

When I came up with this little plan I was planning to stay at the Evergreen Transit Hotel which is airside in Terminal 2. After some email correspondence with the hotel I find that it is only for people arriving on "local" airlines, which I assume means CI or BR.

The C.K.S. Airport Hotel has closed and from what I've heard this is a good thing.

What's my best option for something close to the airport? Should I just stay in Taipei and plan on getting up very early in the morning for my flight? How long will it take to get back to TPE early on a Saturday? Finally, is there a better location in Taipei for easy access to the airport or is it all about the same?

Please help...
Old Oct 25, 2005, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
TPE is a quite a far distance from central Taipei. On a weekend morning, I would budget 45 minutes for the trip. It sound slike your only other option is sleeping in the terminal. It might be worth checking to see which hotels in Taiepi are closest to TPE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.