Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Longwang and TPE this weekend: Cancel or not?

Old Sep 29, 2005, 8:53 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels
Original Poster

Was scheduled to spend a three-day weekend in Taipei, but received an email from Expedia advising of possible delays and a free cancellation option. I have to return to ICN on Monday; is it safe to go, or should I cancel? Any advice appreciated.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 1:08 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Well you can follow it here: http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/0519.html

Unless you were planning on being in low-lying coastal areas, or mountain areas subject to landslides then I don't think there would be any significant personal danger.

The risk would be that the airport would be closed and/or flights cancelled meaning that you can't get out when you need to.

according to the forecast above the typhoon will pass over Tawain on Sunday afternoon, so if you planned to fly on Monday (particularly PM) then I reckon you'll be OK. But if you meant that you need to fly Sunday PM in time to be back in ICN on Monday morning then I reckon there's quite a high chance you will get delayed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.