Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

SIN to Krabi

SIN to Krabi

Old Aug 28, 2005, 2:56 am
Original Poster

SIN to Krabi

Can anyone confirm the quickest / shortest way to get to Krabi from SIN, for a trip early Oct.??

Was hoping for a direct flight on Tiger but they do not fly there until end October...

Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2005, 4:43 am

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
The other way will be via Phuket (HKT). 2 Tiger Airways flight and 3 Silkair flights daily.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: UA/Plat, AS MPV
1. SIN-BKK-KBV if only by air. Just found that Bangkok Airways has pulled out of KBV, which is a real shame - flew with them earlier this year. TG definitely still flies there. Can anyone confirm which other carriers fly into/out of Krabi - out of interest? Phuket Air and PB Air websites indicate they've pulled out?!

2. SIN-HKT (as indicated above); then bus or ferry.

3. SIN-HDY - then bus/mini-bus.

Krabi rocks

Last edited by gabes80; Aug 29, 2005 at 10:10 am
Old Aug 29, 2005, 11:43 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Personnally, I would fly into HKT. It is about a two hour drive to Krabi.

Rationale.

HDY requires travel through a portion of the area that has had recent problems in respect to the government. Possibly safe, but, why trust fate.

At HKT, if you can catch a ride to the highway, there are Krabi buses quite often. If you drive, it is an easy drive, but a one day trip will require a drop-off fee, unless you keep the car the entire time.

Boat is probably pretty, but it will take an hour or more to get to the boat. I do not believe that there is a "ferry" to Krabi.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.