Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Need advice for getting inlaw(s) from CGK to IAH...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier

So I need to get my m-i-l from CGK to IAH for sure... probably my s-i-l too. Date of departure is flexible for sometime around 11/1; return is flexible for sometime around 1/10/06. If I am unable to use skymiles for them, is there a good travel agency to use? MUST accept US credit card (amex preferred but visa is ok too). Most websites don't want to book a trip originating outside US/Canada; Travelocity is quoting $1750, which seems quite steep for economy class.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:42 pm
Scandalous

Last edited by Scandalous; Nov 15, 2005 at 5:37 pm Reason: Deleted by user due to uneasiness with flyertalk censorship policies.

Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by Scandalous
I'd think your best bet would be to have M-I-L call a few travel agents in Jakarta and buy the tickets there. They will probably charge a 2%-4% surcharge for a cc but it shouldn't be hard to find an agent with a good price who takes cc's. Online, http://www.zuji.com/ looks like they have that for US$1050 on Northwest but I still bet a travel agent could do better or at least get you more options.
Unfortunately, what appears with the NW on the price list disappears as soon as one tries to select dates for travel... looks like it will have to be a local agent in CGK. I have always suspected, though, that the real reason agents are so reluctant to accept US plastic is because of the consumer protection clauses in visa, mc, amex, etc cardmember agreements. They can easily tack on a surcharge to cover the % the cc charges them, but they cannot easily erase the cardmember protection clauses in the event that they don't deliver the tickets in good faith.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
Unfortunately, what appears with the NW on the price list disappears as soon as one tries to select dates for travel... looks like it will have to be a local agent in CGK. I have always suspected, though, that the real reason agents are so reluctant to accept US plastic is because of the consumer protection clauses in visa, mc, amex, etc cardmember agreements. They can easily tack on a surcharge to cover the % the cc charges them, but they cannot easily erase the cardmember protection clauses in the event that they don't deliver the tickets in good faith.
You might PM some of the Indonesian members who are usually on the SQ forum. If you want CO they fly direct from DPS via GUM.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:54 pm
Scandalous

Last edited by Scandalous; Nov 15, 2005 at 5:38 pm Reason: Deleted by user due to uneasiness with flyertalk censorship policies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.