Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Hotel Dilemma: Sala Samui in Samui or Rayavadee in Krabi?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2005, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

I'm in a big debate here. I currently have a duplex pool villa reserved for my honeymoon at the Sala Samui in August. However, the other finalist in my decision...Rayavadee in Krabi is back to haunt my mind.
From the website, Rayavadee just looks downright spectacular. The reason I chose not to go there is cause people claim the west coast is much rainier in August than Samui.
Is it worth risking the bad weather for such a nice resort?
Old Jul 10, 2005, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt GP, Marriott reward, worldperk, six priority, radisson
Not a appropriate fight !!!!!

If you compare between these 2 properties, go for Rayavadee. It's far much better property. Sala is a local run, no service standard can be matched to Rayavadee which equal to the SLH. Sila Evason Hideaway, Buriraya and Tong Sai Bay in Samui should be a more appropriate match to compare with Rayavadee. Tong Sai Bay is a member of SLH hotels. Buriraya runned by Marriott people in the process to be Renaissance Koh Samui. Sila Evason Hideaway has a very beautiful swimming pool. The only concern about Evason is the privacy of the room which is the most important issue for the newly wed.

The choice is yours !!!

Good Luck
Old Jul 12, 2005, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
I was at Rayavadee in May (2nd trip there), and the service and property is amazing. Even with rain/monsoon (which could happen on Samui or at Krabi) the scenary and landscape at Rayavadee is spectacular.

Samui provides a greater number of things to do with some bigger towns, so if you are only going to 1 place in Thailand and that is important... The restaurants are expensive for dinner at Rayavadee, but also very good. Mrs. TioJelly and I did a couple dinners onsite ($150+) and a couple dinners on the beach at other places (<$10).

Bring some ratty clothes if you go to Rayavadee so you can climb to the princess lagoon -- you will get filthy if it has rained -- it's also a bit dangerous, but fun. If they are not really busy when you get there and they know it's your honeymoon they could upgrade you to a room with a private "plunge" pool which is really nice.

Last note -- Be careful not to leave any food out or the monkeys will leave a mess around your place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.