Wiki Posts
Search

Transiting MNL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Transiting MNL

I am looking at a routing to transit MNL for connecting from ROR to SGN. The flight schedule has me arriving on Continental Micronesia at 11am and departing from MNL on Phillipines Air at 1pm. My understanding from CO is that they can interline check the bags, so that should help the situation. But I am also hearing that I would need to change terminals and deal with transportation, security and other issues.

Has anyone done this recently? Any advice/opinions/ideas on whether the 2 hour cxn is reasonable?

Thanks!
S.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:23 am

I think 2 hours should be ok, especially if the new terminal is in operation by the time you fly (don't hold breath). Even if it isn't, by my math you should allow the following:

-exit T1 and immigrate (I don't think you can do an airside trasnfer to T2, but maybe I'm wrong); 20 minutes
-walk to T2; 15 minutes (conservative estimate)
-check in and emmigrate; 20 minutes

T2 is a lot nicer than T1 and since PR is the only tenant, it's hard to screw up there.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 9:35 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The immigration lines sure didn't look like they were only 20 minutes long the last time I came through T1.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by moondog

walk to T2; 15 minutes (conservative estimate)
that's a stretch that I wouldn't really want to walk... I'd take a cab, even if it is a bit overpriced. But that's just me.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Another MNL transit question

What about getting from MNL to CRK? I understand that CRK is about an hour north of town, and that there are some bus transfers available. How long would that take?

Or, to make it less stress on me (and hopefully really get to the answer that I'm looking for), what should I do based on the following needs:

I am arriving in MNL at 11am on Continental Micronesia. I want to get to SGN eventually, but figure that my best options are to transit a different city en route and overnight there rather than in Manila. I've looked at SIN and BKK as options, but the LCCs to SIN are mostly out of CRK, and the full fare tix aren't that cheap. I can probably go to a consolidator, but I'm looking to see all my options first.

Other options include getting to NHA or DAD instead of SGN, if that makes it easier.

Any thoughts from y'all?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
What about getting from MNL to CRK? I understand that CRK is about an hour north of town, and that there are some bus transfers available. How long would that take?
It can take up to 3 hours to get there, but I used to frequently make the trip in under 2 hours (avoiding rush hour is key). I imagine a taxi would cost at least $50. I never had good luck finding consolidated fares ex-mnl (and not for lack of trying), though HKG is always cheap thanks to the presence of 5J (Cebu Pacific).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.