Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marijuana in Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2005, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Marijuana in Beijing

I'll be going to Beijing this summer and occasionally enjoy smoking a marijuana joint. What are the chances of finding some hash in Beijing, and how do the local cops treat it?

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2005, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by logansrun
I'll be going to Beijing this summer and occasionally enjoy smoking a marijuana joint. What are the chances of finding some hash in Beijing, and how do the local cops treat it?

Thanks
Im not sure the exact rules, like how much you have to have and such. But I think that for some drug offenses they take you to a stadium, kneel you down and put a bullet in the back of your head. Personally, I would wait until I got back. Seriously.

And welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't worry about it.

I don't think the cops give a sh*t about anything in China except who next to extort or how much more they can embezzle from the government before getting popped for it.

Oh, also they probably spend a lot of time trying to figure out whether they should trade in their 2003 black Audi with tinted windows for a 2005 or 2006 black Audi with tinted windows.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:27 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I think that for some drug offenses they take you to a stadium, kneel you down and put a bullet in the back of your head.
Then they send your family a bill for 11 cents for the cost of the bullet.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:59 pm

I pm'ed the OP so this post is just for general reference. Bottom line: I don't partake myself, but would like to point out that the execution thing doesn't pose a serious risk to foreign visitors that aren't morons (I would not post such on the internet without a substantial amount of data under my belt because I value all of your lives).
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
I pm'ed the OP so this post is just for general reference. Bottom line: I don't partake myself, but would like to point out that the execution thing doesn't pose a serious risk to foreign visitors that aren't morons (I would not post such on the internet without a substantial amount of data under my belt because I value all of your lives).
"doesn't pose a serious risk to foreign visitors that aren't morons" isnt exactly like saying dont worry its cool

I mentioned capital punishment because it is real and I think it indicates the very different views in China and Amsterdam. I felt the OP seemed totally unaware of that. But your added information is useful. I still would VERY much advise against it.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
This may go down as one of the most ridiculous things I have seen posted on Flyer Talk. Hey why don't you pop over to Singapore and bring some weed with you. I haven't seen a good canning in a long time.
If you really aren't a troll, please don't do it.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
maybe you can hook him up then? Hey how about underage sex slaves? Is that OK? Can you still score some opium in Bejing? mmmmm
Guy's even in AMS it's not legal, they just don't bother.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:38 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
The whole idea of enjoying the joint is the enjoyment part. I don't know how you could do that when you would have serious concerns about facing prison time in China. Have some beer there and the joints back here.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by BDLORD
This may go down as one of the most ridiculous things I have seen posted on Flyer Talk. Hey why don't you pop over to Singapore and bring some weed with you. I haven't seen a good canning in a long time.
If you really aren't a troll, please don't do it.
My first impression was that it was a joke. The only reason I answered was that after thinking about it I thought, geez, what if it is serious. Someone has to tell the guy.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Some other impressive stuff
Talk about serious downside risk. A Chinese jail has got to be pretty low on the human rights scale. But they probably wouldn't want to feed you, so billing your family for the bullet may not be that far off after all.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys,
I was serious about my original question. Hopefully I'll come across some other people who enjoy it as well when I am in Beijing.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by logansrun
Hey guys,
I was serious about my original question. Hopefully I'll come across some other people who enjoy it as well when I am in Beijing.
Did you read the posts above? We are arguing over whether they would execute you or not if you were caught.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:38 pm

the execution thing doesn't pose a serious risk to foreign visitors that aren't morons
I didn't get the PM, but are you suggesting that as long as you are less than a 100% complete moron, you're safe?

(I would not post such on the internet without a substantial amount of data under my belt because I value all of your lives).
what does this mean?

Last edited by fallinasleep; Jun 6, 2005 at 10:42 pm
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Did you read the posts above? We are arguing over whether they would execute you or not if you were caught.
Do you also advise people not to partake in China's vast prostitution offerings? China is not Indonesia. Money and connections are the only things that matter in China. And gweilos often get a free ride.

Last edited by miizzles; Jun 6, 2005 at 10:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.