Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok -- Ambassador Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Bangkok -- Ambassador Hotel

Hi everyone,

I am attending a conference in July, and the official hotel is Ambassador Hotel in Bangkok. Any comments regarding this hotel?

I am debating if I should stay somewhere else, but for a conference, it is usually easier to stay in the hotel.

I am not expecting a fancy hotel, but is it at least up to par with a Holiday Inn in the US?

Thanks for any comments,
Carfield
Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:54 pm

Ambassador Hotel Bangkok

The Ambassador is on Sukumvit Rd. The Skytrain passes right in front of the hotel and is located between stations. It is right down from the Nana station. The hotel is probably ok its new & Modern I believe there are several wings and some are newer than others. If you are male traveling alone (w/o spouse) the hotel will do fine. The area is very "interesting". Well you know what type of "trade" Bangkok is famous for. We were there in January, I just looked down and find a card from my BKK tailor and he is walking distance to the Ambassador. "RAJA'S FASHIONS Shop #1/6 Sukhumvit soi NANA 4 opposite NANA HOTEL warning he has only one shop and there is another Raja Tailor on Sukumvit(under the Skytrain) don't go in there.If going with spouse or sig other I might suggest Royal Orchid Sheraton or Shangrila on the river. You will be there in off season as far as tourism is concerned. Be prepared for extremely hot & Humid weather. Think New Orleans in summer and add occasional downpours.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:29 am
Original Poster

I am single and the hotel sounds fine. I am not into that type of trade, but since the area seems to be fine, I guess I may just stay there then. It is a conference and I will be in workshops all day long. Surprisingly, I am not really into BKK...

Thanks for the advice,
Carfield
Old Apr 27, 2005, 3:37 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
The ambassador used to be quite nice, but last I checked it had fallen on hard times (well one of the wings -the oldest one burnt down under suspicious circumstances). As a single female I have stayed there and only had to be a "little" careful when walking on the streets at night. Though, as the economy has improved this may have improved as well (last I stayed there was a few years ago - I prefer riverside location)

Anyway it probably is fine (and cheap), but much nicer and a 2 minute walk are the Sheraton Grand (NOT riverside) and Westin (old Delta hotel). These will cost a bit more but may be worth it in terms of comfort. There are a lot of interesting and cheap eating places (as there are all over) - and many are even air contitioned! (eg not street stands) All within a few minutes walk if you want to eat outside the hotel.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Alexrabi
...my BKK tailor and he is walking distance to the Ambassador. "RAJA'S FASHIONS Shop #1/6 Sukhumvit soi NANA 4 opposite NANA HOTEL warning he has only one shop and there is another Raja Tailor on Sukumvit(under the Skytrain) don't go in there.
Is this (#1/6 Sukhumvit soi NANA 4) the Raja's with "Mr Bobby"?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 6:46 pm

Rajas Fashions

Yes that is the one Mr. Bobby. I find him great. Was there this Jan hope to see him next Jan.
Old May 2, 2005, 1:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Rajawongse Clothier

Also check out Rajawongse Clothier.

130 Sukhumvit Road, near Sukhumvit Soi 4 (next to the Landmark Hotel)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.