Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Shanghai: Westin vs. Grand Hyatt

Shanghai: Westin vs. Grand Hyatt

Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
Sorry about that - was thinking of the People's Square.

Side note on the Westin - the beds are pretty hard. You're not getting a Heavenly Bed, or at least I didn't.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 3:02 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am at the GH Shanghai right now. The beds are hard -- but I asked for a softer mattress and within 10 minutes, two housekeepers showed up with a foam pad that they put on top of the mattress and remade the bed. Made a difference, so just ask!

I am in a spectacular upgraded suite on the 84th floor, really a splendid place, but truly not in the center of things. The subway is about 5 minutes walk away, and that works for me, this is my third stay and I would come back here every time. This is a fine hotel.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 9:33 am

Just Arrived - Westin Shanghai

I've just arrived at the Westin and as a Plat *wood member, I was upgraded to a two room suite. As noted by a fellow FT'er, the room leans to the "W" side with its decor and the views from my room on the 10th floor are ok to unexciting, but given that I will be out and about in town all day and night, the view was not as important to me.

The Bund is just a few short blocks away as is the Nanjing Donglu shopping district and Renmin Square.

Having just arrived a few hours ago, these are the only areas I ventured into this afternoon, but I will be going back tomorrow to get a better view of the buildings and museums in these neighborhoods.

The Westin is quite a nice hotel, if not just a tad kitchy with the multi story staircase that changes colors and the Rolls Royce dealership which is part of the same building. The atrium area, where the staircase is at is quite nice with tendy decor. I would stay here again, based on convenience alone.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by raffy
I've just arrived at the Westin
Did you meet any movie stars? My friend just came back from dinner there with Brendan Frasier and bunch of HK/Taiwan celebs and said the atmosphere was electric.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 8:03 am

Film Fest

The Shanghai Film Fest concluded the day that we arrived, I saw a number of posters advertising the event as well as an article in the local paper this am about the awards ceremony last night as well. I was up quite late, but was not in the lobby area to catch a glimpse at any celebs, Brendan however was on the front cover of the paper along with a local award winner.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.