Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Bali Questions

Bali Questions

Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Bali Taxi

Originally Posted by BKKROP
They do have to pay a fee nowadays to access the front of the terminal, and I have heard there is a surcharge. regards
Again I was asked to pay for the entry fee to the terminal yesterday, eventhough the hotel confirmed pay only the meter charge.

I am still a little confused as to whether the passenger going to the airport should pay for the fee. The driver only "settles" the fee when he exits the airport with passengers in his taxi paying the inflated fixed fare which I believe would have included the "terminal" charge.

Well its only 2,000 rupiah but I dont like to be taken as a fool everytime

BTW another Bali taxi driver trick is that they never seem to carry any change. I dont mind tipping them but I dont like the manner they solicit tips from tourists.

Last edited by mario33; Jul 11, 2006 at 12:23 pm
Old Jul 13, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi,
Two quickies!
What is the best *A lounge to use in DPS?
What is the weather like?
regards and thanks
Old Jul 13, 2006, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKROP
Hi,
Two quickies!
What is the best *A lounge to use in DPS?
What is the weather like?
regards and thanks
I've only been to the contract lounge that SQ uses(also for *G) it's quite nice with an outdoor deck for those that smoke.
Nice food, staff etc.......I think it's called the Premier or Premium lounge. The weather is tropical ...........
Old Jul 14, 2006, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by jpatokal
"uang kopi". And the standard fee for any small infraction of any sort (losing your departure card, not carrying your passport, driving while bule, etc) is 50,000 Rp.
Not only 50k for driving while bule. Just being in a car with a local also merits the 50k. I was out with a couple of associates, and got waved over (this was in Jakarta, however). My Indo associate got out, and after a few minutes he came back 50k poorer. Seems like it's the standard "on the spot" fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.