Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Cheap websites to book a hotel room in Bangkok?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2005, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

Has anyone picked up any bargins in the last few weeks? I will be there for a couple of nights at the end of March.

What hotel would you reccomend? And which wesbites are the cheapest?

Would like to be in the Skhumvit area (bad spelling in know)
Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:23 am

I just booked the Sifotel Silom at the end of March for $65 per night including all taxed and breakfast on asiavoyege24.com
Old Mar 14, 2005, 9:44 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Best deal in Sukhumvit area is One Bedroom Tulip Suite $64 a Night . Or $3 extra for higher floor Carnation Suite. ^

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/ba...dent_park.html

Same Internet company as AsiaVoyages.com

Last edited by KentownFlorida; Mar 14, 2005 at 10:10 pm
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:21 pm

Programs: *A
hoteltravel.com

I got a room at the Baiyoke Sky for 79USD in mid-december 2004. Probably not the best of deals since the location of the hotel is not quite central, however the view from the Sky Zone of the hotel is spectacular and I was upgraded to a "junior executive" suite, no questions asked, from an internet fare!

www.hoteltravel.com

Breakfast from the 84th floor makes then 10 min walk to the Sky Train quite worthwhile.

chico
Old Mar 17, 2005, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Anyone stayed at the J W Marriot? If so how much did you pay for it? I have heard that you can pick it up for $75 a night but can't seem to get that price from any websites?
Old Mar 17, 2005, 4:55 am

I like this service:

http://www.2bangkok.com/2bangkok/hotels.shtml

But for dirt-cheap prices (like $75 for JW), you usually have to Priceline or have connections to juicy corporate rates.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 8:59 am

I have reserved from here.
http://www.latestays.com/

Asai hotel promotion from Meridien.
https://www.lemeridien.com/moments/o...openings.shtml

Enjoy your trip. ^
Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks a lot all. ^

Was trying to make a bid on Priceline, if i want to get a hotel for $75 then should i be putting my bid in at $60 + the taxes or 75 + taxes???
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:04 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Has anyone ever used http://www.bangkok.com ???
They have great rates, but thought I'd check here first to see if they are reliable/honest...
Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:38 pm

Programs: WP Gold or Silver 98-05
Originally Posted by lallyr
Has anyone picked up any bargins in the last few weeks? I will be there for a couple of nights at the end of March.

Thanks
I am always happy using www.precisionreservations.com

I often stay at the Manhattan, just about $20 incl. breakfast and just a 3 min. walk to the Skytrain

You can use use Precision for other hotels of course, depends on your budget
Old Mar 22, 2005, 8:01 pm

Programs: WorldPerks, AMEX, OnePass, MileagePlus
www.asiatravel.com

Originally Posted by lallyr

Thanks

hello.

i visited bangkok and koh samui last year - made all hotel reservations via www.asiatravel.com. they had great rates, good customer service (via email), and use vouchers.

stayed on the amari boulevard hotel near soi 5 on sukhumvit road. great location, with access to sky train. ask for a room in the new tower (i forgot the name).

excellent breakfast included in room rate.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 2:52 pm

priceline!

For an upcoming stay in April I have 2 nights each (on seperate weekends) at the sheraton grande sukhumvit and the jw marriott on sukhumvit. $75 each!
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold
Originally Posted by chico
I got a room at the Baiyoke Sky for 79USD in mid-december 2004. Probably not the best of deals since the location of the hotel is not quite central, however the view from the Sky Zone of the hotel is spectacular and I was upgraded to a "junior executive" suite, no questions asked, from an internet fare!

www.hoteltravel.com

Breakfast from the 84th floor makes then 10 min walk to the Sky Train quite worthwhile.

chico
I stayed at the Baiyoke Sky in early January - great views from our room (Superior Sky Room) for 65USD/night on www.asia-hotels.com. It's close to the Pratunam and Baiyoke markets where you can get cheap clothes.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lessthanjoey
priceline!

For an upcoming stay in April I have 2 nights each (on seperate weekends) at the sheraton grande sukhumvit and the jw marriott on sukhumvit. $75 each!
Is that $75 including the fess and ehat else or $75 + the fees???

I dont have much time so shall i make my first bid at $75 to be sure of getting a hotel?

And what about in pounds for the uk site? How many pounds should i bid for the J W Marriot?
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:14 pm

$75 was the actual bid - so total is $75 + fees.

If you're worried about not getting it, I'd just be safe and go for $80. You may also get the Westin Grande Sukhumvit, but all 3 sukhumvit 5-star hotels are absolutely exceptional so there's nothing to worry about there. If you don't mind possibly staying riverside instead, you can also add that zone if your first bid is rejected. The 5-stars there are also wonderful (but usually more expensive, so its unlikely you'll get it anyway - it just gets you another bid without waiting).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.