Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANGKOK - Metropolitan and Shangrila

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

BANGKOK - Metropolitan and Shangrila

We're going to BKK in May and wonder if we should skip GH Bangkok and stay at either Met or Shangrila. I was told renovation in GH won't be finished until end of May.

Is it true that Shangrila has just been renovated? Pix on website looks quite nice, but Met looks super chic.

Any comments/advise is appreciated.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
I have never stayed at the GH or Met in BKK. I find the JW Mariott the most well placed hotel for me. It is centerly located and convient to most of the sites in BKK. It also has a sky train stop outside the door. If you need any suits I have a good tailor there. He was written up in the Washington Post. PM me if you need this information. I love Bkk. (not the 30 hrs it takes to get there)
Old Jan 25, 2005, 9:14 am
Original Poster

BUMP.

Anyone ever stayed at THE MET - Bangkok?
Old Jan 26, 2005, 3:38 am

Programs: Hyatt GP, Marriott reward, worldperk, six priority, radisson
Still recommend GH !!!!

GH is the most convenient hotel in town with the sky train connected to the hotel. Renovation only the spa and gym area, if you don't plan to use don't bother. GH already have the greatest room among the 5-star especially with the view of the sport club golf course. The Met is very difficult to get in and out from both the sky train and the underground train. The room is very nice. The problem is the location which is on Sathorn road, always get traffic jam. But, if you have business to do nearby, it's ok.

I'm strongly recommend hotels in the center of the city which you can go any places without depending on the hotel limo. GH, Intercon and JW are the good choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.