Wiki Posts
Search

Are there sleep rooms at BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2004, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Are there sleep rooms at BKK?

I have a connect from Bankok Air to UA, arriving in BKK at 8:40PM on 1/22 departing on UA882 at 7:00AM on 1/23.

I'm not a real fan of downtown BKK so would be happy to stay at the airport. But I'm also not a fan of the numerous nearby hotels that are inexpensive but depressing and a hassle to transit to the airport from, or the airport hotel, which is expensive and slightly less depressing, but easy to get to the airport.

At one point I saw something on the BKK airport site about rooms in the airport you could rent for short periods. I haven't been able to find it since.

Has anybody heard of these rooms and where can I find more information?
Old Oct 29, 2004, 4:42 pm

http://airportthai.co.th/airportnew/....html#service9

Day rooms are available for passengers on the 2nd and 4th floor of Terminal 1&2 at reasonable rates on four hourly basis with soft drinks. Advance reservation of rooms can be made by yourself through the telephone number 0-2535-3710-7.

Passengers can enjoy a good rest while in transit at each of the comfortable and luxurious. Dayrooms are located within the transit area of both terminals. There are a total of 100 rooms in the departure lounge of both terminals.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Has anybody stayed in one of these rooms? What are they like...quiet, clean, etc., don't need nice furnishing just serviceable. Can they be rented for 2X4hrs segments? Any idea on the price?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:37 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Ron

I have second hand advice that the Amari Airport Hotel is OK.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:25 am

The Amari Airport is not the same as the day rooms. Both are severely overpriced by Bangkok standards, but if you don't have the time or energy to head out to Bangkok proper you don't have many other choices.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 7:16 pm

Location: BKK, formerly Irvine, CA, UA 1-k-MM, Hilton-gold, Gold Starwood
I stayed at the Amari Airport Hotel and I'll never stay there again. I was keep awake all night by the bellman and room cleaners. They all had walkie talkies and keep in constant touch with the cleaning and front desk department.

I did find hotels 1, 2 and 3 star just behind the Armani from $5 to $30, but the best bet is to go into town.

Regards,
Robert
Old Jan 7, 2005, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This Bangkok Airport area map shows nearby hotels, with links.

There is a review of the dayrooms at BKK somewhere here on FT, I remember reading the post but I have been unable to find it. The review was less than stellar, but the rooms sounded passable to me. I keep meaning to check out the rooms but always get sidetracked, forget or am running late.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 11:07 am

Programs: SQ PPS, Jet Airways Platinum,
I have about a few months ago. They are strictly OK. The rooms are large and have twin beds and the bath is clean. But the furnishing is dull and worn out. Think I paid $ 40 for 4 hours / 6 hours.

Originally Posted by nor4
Has anybody stayed in one of these rooms? What are they like...quiet, clean, etc., don't need nice furnishing just serviceable. Can they be rented for 2X4hrs segments? Any idea on the price?
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:27 pm

Somewhat stupid question: are the dayrooms available 24hrs? I'll be landing from NRT at midnight, with an 8am-ish departure the following morning. We'll have spent 20+ hours in the air by that point, so whatever is closest and easiest with a bed and a hot shower will do.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 4:43 am
Original Poster

The rooms are available 24 hours. When I arrived they were all occupied. A few hours later I got one for 4 hours (min. stay), cost $40, then in 2 hour segments, same price structure. You might look at the BKK airport site and get the phone number for the Louis Tavern rooms and make a reservation.

PS Be sure you don't go through passport control when you land. Go to the transit area, the passport area will be on your left. You should continue walking straight along the hallway when you see the passport folks on your left.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 6:51 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
http://www.miraclegrandhotel.com/dayroom.html
Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

On your return

Just got back(Im in the RCC at NRT and their web dedicated PCs are misbehaving so excuse any run on words, etc)

Here was my problem on the return HKT-BKK-ORD. Returned from HKT on Bangkok Air. When I arrived at BKK I was dumped at the domestic terminal. When I went to the intl term I couldnt get into the departure area, where I had reserved a day room for the return. It was about 9PM so UA wasnt open, it was about 9PM so no boarding pass possible. Therefore I couldnt get to the day room. Bangkok Air said I should have signed in as a transit pax in HKT but nobody told me this, plus an LH agent said they could not give me a UA BP so I couldnt get into the departure area anyway. (One of) the LH agents said I had to go "outside" regardless. Others (I talked to 3 LH agents, 2 \bangkok air agents, a UA agent in their office area, and various other *officials* scattered around) gave me various other contradictory information. I eventually semi slept in a chair. for a few hours.

Does anybody know the drill for transiting from a domestic flight to intl at BKK without going *outside*?
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by nor4
Bangkok Air said I should have signed in as a transit pax in HKT but nobody told me this...
Thanks for the tip, nor! I'll be sure to ask about this before leaving for BKK!
Old Jan 28, 2005, 8:07 pm

Programs: United 1K
Thanks for the advice on what to avoid.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
I am planning to fly to Chiang Rai this Monday but have layover at BKK a little over 8hrs! I was beginning to panic, and well... a bit stressed out since I'll be arriving to BKK at 11:45PM and my flight to Chiang Rai won't depart until 8:30 AM. What do I do at the airport for over 8/hrs? I tried to look up information on airport hotel and found nothing! Until I stumble into this forum. Although, I thought the room a bit pricey, it was better than the alternative; which is for a lone woman to hitch a cab to find a hotel elsewhere or to lie around on the airport bench.

Thanks....!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.