Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sulawesi - Gorontalo to Togian Islands, charter boat

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Sulawesi - Gorontalo to Togian Islands, charter boat

Headed to the Togian islands in Sulawesi next month and would like to leave from Gorontalo.

There's a lot of info out there about the ferry, but it only goes twice a week, and i'm going to miss it. It looks like charter boats should be readily available for around 3.5 million IDR ( up to 10 people-ish ). I don't mind sharing a boat or going alone, but not sure where to start.

Has anyone done this or otherwise familiar with this? Do I just head down to the ferry port and start asking around? Contact a certain hotel?

Any recommendations or pointers where to start would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:15 pm

There is fast ferry service (5 hours) from Marisa harbor if I recall correctly

The last bit of this article could help you
https://togianislandstravelling.wordpress.com/ferry-boat-schedule-2/
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

that's something i was considering but after all the time and effort, I am just thinking that paying the extra $150 or so to take a charter direct to Malenge island may be worth the ease and 12+ hours saving.

Basically, it's a three hour car ride to Marisa area, stay over night, catch a taxi/ride to the ferry early next morning, then 5 hour ride to Dolong in the Togian islands. From there I would still need to charter another boat directly to Malenge for around 750k IDR and another hour or two boat ride.

Overall, catching a 5ish hour charter directly from Gorotalo to Malenge for $150ish USD more starts to seem a lot more attractive. Coming back it's a lot easier as I leave on the day that the ferry goes back to Gorontalo.

I'm willing to get there via Marisa, but seeing if I can figure out how to go direct from Gorontalo if possible.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by maxp0wers

Has anyone done this or otherwise familiar with this? Do I just head down to the ferry port and start asking around? Contact a certain hotel?
I've been to Gorontalo once but have never made it out to the Togians. I have ex-colleague who went diving recently in the area and he based himself off of Kadidiri, and stayed http://www.blackmarlindiving.com I think if I remember correctly they arranged a charter for his small group. I would probably start with a local hotel and see what they come back with and if not acceptable take a chance a show up at the port.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.