Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Borneo, its on. What can you tell me about these 3 airports.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH

Hi all. Flying into Kota Kinabalu and then visiting Sandakan and Labaun Island over a 2 week period.
All flights have been booked in Business Class, flying OD and MH.
Can anyone provde insight into BKI, SDK and LBU airports. I know that they are fairly small airports but was wondering if any of them have lounges.

Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by in2it54
Hi all. Flying into Kota Kinabalu and then visiting Sandakan and Labaun Island over a 2 week period.
All flights have been booked in Business Class, flying OD and MH.
Can anyone provde insight into BKI, SDK and LBU airports. I know that they are fairly small airports but was wondering if any of them have lounges.

Thanks
I have been to SDK and BKI. BKI is actually a major airport. It has an MH lounge (although it is not particularly impressive). SDK has nothing.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The Priority Pass lounge adjacent to MH's in BKI makes outstanding coffee drinks. I only know this because the MH lounge was so pathetic that I stayed all of 3 minutes: time enough to put bag down, walk past the food table, pick bag up and leave.

SDK is tiny with little pre/post security. And three doors, er, gates to the tarmac.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Interesting. I'm flying in and out of BKI with OD (Malindo) - I'd assume that will mean the Priority Pass lounge.
Domestic flights will be with MASwings on ATR Turbo Props - Biz in row 17 or 18.

Biz Class was only another $20 and we needed the 30Kgs, additionally I could choose seats (the Mt Kinabalu side of the aircraft). Oh, plus the free bottle of water.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by in2it54
Interesting. I'm flying in and out of BKI with OD (Malindo) - I'd assume that will mean the Priority Pass lounge.
Domestic flights will be with MASwings on ATR Turbo Props - Biz in row 17 or 18.

Biz Class was only another $20 and we needed the 30Kgs, additionally I could choose seats (the Mt Kinabalu side of the aircraft). Oh, plus the free bottle of water.
For my past 2 intra Malaysia flighhts on OD in J, no lounge voucher is provided (departing KUL and PEN) so do not get your hopes up on that (unless you have acess to the PP lounge from a credit card). The MH lounge in BKI Domestic is actually pretty decent compared to its counterpart in KUL with tons of natural light and high ceilings. The shower room is surprisingly gorgeous. I used to have a trip report written here that has unfortunately been affected by the recent photobucket fiasco so it is not of much use now.

The most interesting fact about LBU is that it houses the island's only Starbucks and McDonalds. It also has aerobridges if you are arriving by jet. Most airports in Malaysia all have the same general look and feel of a mini KLIA to it (spacious departure hall with alot of glass and lots of silver cladding, comparatively ugly arrival hall with beige walls) since they are operated by the same company.

I personally havent been to SDK so no comment on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.