Wiki Posts
Search

EXPO 2017 Kazakhstan, Astana

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
EXPO 2017 Kazakhstan, Astana

Do any locals or attendees have tips for this year's Energy EXPO in Astana, Kazakhstan?

Myself, I'm looking for best ways to get to/from the Expo from the city center hotels. And I'd be interested in any other tips.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:29 pm

Kazakhstan is a wonderful place if you are a little adventurous kinda person. And as I read you are going to the most vibrant city of Astana, you can visit Almaty which is some 2 hours way from a flight. You can go for ice-skating or skiing or may be enjoy the marvelous night life with beautiful lights all around. You might also visit Turgen canyon, and Assy plateau towards the east of Almaty. If Almaty is in your bucket list, this Travel Guide of Almaty might help you.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
What sealed the deal for me booking a trip to Kazakhstan was 1) Expo 2017 and 2) the chance to watch a manned space launch from Baikonur.

Some caveats; an Astana apartment rental I'd confirmed with Booking.com was abruptly cancelled without any notice. I re-booked with a hotel, hoping it would be more reliable.

Baikonur package tours can be pricey. Right now I'm working with the Sales Manager of City-Tour.kz for a July 28 launch. Thus far they've been prompt in response. Their 3-day tour quote of US$ 780 was quit reasonable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.